We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Iberostar Grand

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Live from Iberostar Grand

We arrived Wednesday for a short 5-night stay here. On Wednesday the Cancun airport was incredibly empty. It took 30 minutes from the time we left the plane until we were outside with Cancun Transfers. Arrived at the Grand and, received a cool towel, were told to go to the bar and have a drink while they determined if our room was ready. After the drink we were driven down to the concierge at the oceanfront building (#70) . After being given a glass of sparkling wine we were taken to our room on the third floor. Julio came shortly after for the check-in process. Sat at the pool for a bit. For dinner they had the International Buffet and "Stars under the Stars" outside by the pool.

Yesterday was beautiful weather, 28 degrees C and sunny. We spent until 2PM on the beach then moved up to the pool area. Even at 2PM there were lots of seats available, particularly the ones in the water. It was great. Last night we went to the Japanese restaurant and sat at the teppanyaki table. Both my wife and I thought the food was really good.

This morning, another beautiful sunrise. Weather is suppose to be sunny for the next two days then rain on Sunday but who knows.

As we're only here a short time I'll try and check in here from time to time. I'm certainly no expert on this place and others know far more than I do but if you have any questions I'll try to answer.

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Iberostar Grand

Happy to hear all is well at the Grand!! It has been three weeks since our visit and I am still going through withdrawals. I hope you enjoy your remaining days!

Tim.

Calgary
Level Contributor
651 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Iberostar Grand

Thanks for the post - Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Iberostar Grand

Have a great vacation

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Iberostar Grand

Sounds like your having a fantastic time at the Grand glad weather has been nice for you .

Hanover, New...
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Iberostar Grand

Have a great time!!! Enjoy the warm weather!

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,621 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Iberostar Grand

The place is gorgeous! Enjoy!

emptynestin...see you in 3 weeks. : )

xo

Hanover, New...
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Iberostar Grand

Oceangirl....cannot wait...I am sooo ready! :-)

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from Iberostar Grand

NoSnow - how does it compare to ERC?

Hugs to Daniel and Humberto.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from Iberostar Grand

Another beautiful day yesterday, sunny all day and 28C. Beautiful sunrise this morning at 0615 and it's bright and sunny already. I woke up at 0540 and went out on the balcony to catch the sunrise and noticed one person going out at that time to get a seat on the beach in the front row.

Last night we went to the gourmet restaurant and sadly neither my wife or I liked the meal, lobster and sole. So we went next door to the Italian Buffet, had a salad, some fruit and an after dinner drink.

actran - the Grand is so much different than ERC or EPM. The Grand is more spread out vs the Excellence properties, which we find more intimate. Although we've only been here three days now, we believe that the food is better at ERC, as are the drinks. We loved sitting out after dinner at the Kafe Cafe and there doesn't seem to be anything similar here. We're going to go up to the lobby bar after dinner tonight so maybe that will be similar.

Well, off for breakfast now and then to soak up the warmth & sunshine.

Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from Iberostar Grand

Sounds fab! We are flying down tomorrow for 7 days. Took the Oceanfront at the recommendation of many on here. Never stayed at the Grand before, and we are looking forward to being wowed!

Edited: 18 February 2012, 22:07