We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stars under the stars night?

Victoria
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Topic
Stars under the stars night?

We will be at the IB Grand in 11 more sleeps...but who’s counting :):)-

Does anyone know which night Stars under the Stars event is held? I can’t remember from last year.

Cheers!

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,094 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stars under the stars night?

Wednesday.

Have a great time.

florida
Level Contributor
135 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stars under the stars night?

I was there in June of last year and it was Wednesday night.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stars under the stars night?

We saw it when we were there, the night we arrived, Wednesday, Feb 15th. The buffet had International theme and I believe all of the restaurants were closed that night.

PA.
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stars under the stars night?

What exactly do they do for stars under the stars? Does it get full?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stars under the stars night?

International Themed buffet in Bella Vista restaurant. They set up tables at the end of the pool (closest to the restaurants) and a full bar. Before 830PM they had a small band playing (guitar and keyboards). At 830PM they have a full band (I'm guessing they are Star Friends but not too sure) that starts playing while others dance. They then get the crowd involved with dancing.

As this was our first day there and after a fiull day of travel we stayed for a bit but left after one drink. The area was very nicely decorated.

PA.
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stars under the stars night?

Does it get real full? Enough seating for everyone or should we be eating early to make sure we get a table? Can you name your favorites at the international buffet?

Victoria
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Stars under the stars night?

I don’t recall it being full. It depends on the occupancy of the Hotel at the time and if there isn’t much else going on for night life, except for up at the Lobby Bar.

Thanks for the info...I hope I am still awake @ 9:00 to attend. :):)

Cheers!

Maine
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stars under the stars night?

There were lots of hotel guests in attendance last April when my daughter and I were there. The Star friends made an effort to get everyone involved. It was fun to enjoy an evening of music and dance "under the stars".

Last year, during the 3rd week of April, the evening breeze was quite cool, so some women might want to consider bringing a wrap or light sweater.

penna.
Level Contributor
573 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stars under the stars night?

Is the stars under the stars a "grand" only festivity or can the del mar & others attend?

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Stars under the stars night?

Grand only.