We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Best Day Travel" transfer (Westjet) Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
"Best Day Travel" transfer (Westjet) Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Did anyone bought package through Westjet to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo hotel - I would like to know what type of bus or was was used by transfer company "Best Day Travel"? Was that a big bus or just small minivan? At how many other hotels you stoped before reaching Lindo?

I looking for this info as I would like to decide if included transfer is good enough or if it would be better to use private transfer.

O yea, my arrival time will be 11:51am on Monday (in July).

Edited: 09 April 2012, 21:00
Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Best Day Travel" transfer (Westjet) Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

We went with West Jet on March 24th but not to the Lindo. Best Day travel uses vans. The Lindo is only 20 minutes from the airport so it is unlikely that you will have more than one stop. We thought Best Day was absolutely awful. They kept everyone waiting for well over an hour and were very disorganized. I just finished filling in a West Jet survey complaining about them. I have never taken a private transfer in eight visits to Cancun but after the last one I may consider it in the future. Only you can decide if it is worth the extra cost.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,953 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Best Day Travel" transfer (Westjet) Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

We used Best Day once, last summer, to go from the airport to the ferry port to head to isla Mujeres, and back again...they were perfectly fine for us.

Bay of Fundy...
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Best Day Travel" transfer (Westjet) Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Best Day was fine by us. Yes, they use minivans.

Last year, everyone was going solely to the Iberostar complex and we did wait 15 minutes for the final passengers to get through immigration/ customs.

This year, about a 10 to 15 minute wait at Cancun for the final passengers before we proceeded and then got off first and then it continued on to BlueBay Esmeralda. Personally, I can live with that!

The return both times was within 5 minutes of schedule. They were professional both coming and going.

Edited: 09 April 2012, 22:22
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Best Day Travel" transfer (Westjet) Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Thanks everybody for info. Based on your feedback it appears that shared included transfer going to be OK for us. If they would have used big busses, then we would probably would have paid for private transfer.

One more question - for flights to/from Toronto - do they serve some meal/snacks?

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Best Day Travel" transfer (Westjet) Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

They use mini vans during off season. I went last September and they had plenty of mini vans. Only 4 people were in our van.

Westjet charges you for food.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,488 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Best Day Travel" transfer (Westjet) Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

ToRiu: try checking the Westjet website.....................they'll give you exact info there........................

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Best Day Travel" transfer (Westjet) Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Eden7, I did go through westjet website, but I was not able to find all info I needed, that is why I asked question. Westjet website has no info on how trasnfers are done. Westjet website has pricelist for sandwiches and drinks, but in the past every pre-packaged vacation we had - some food was included during the flight. I never flew westjet vacations before, so that is why I asked for other user experience.

Thanks again everybody for your help!

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Best Day Travel" transfer (Westjet) Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Instead of getting free food, you get free satellite tv.

Westjet and Air Canada charges for food while smaller airlines usually don't.

The rep at the resort wasn't a WJ employee, they outsourced that as well.

When I flew WJ to Cozumel the WJ rep greeted us at the airport but not in Cancun.

Edited: 10 April 2012, 15:31
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,488 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Best Day Travel" transfer (Westjet) Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

ToRiu: sorry about suggesting Website.........I didn't mean to offend you...........I was responding to the food portion of your question, and I should have been more specific...............things don't come across in print sometimes the way they are intended........................

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Best Day Travel" transfer (Westjet) Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Eden7, oh no I did not get offended. See, I cannot express my tone in the forum post. But I just simply pointed out that I did research before. Thanks and ALL answers are always apreciated!

Get answers to your questions about Playa Paraiso