We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner reservation question

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner reservation question

We are thinking of booking our 3rd trip to the Grand this summer and was wondering about how people are making dinner reservations these days. Do most people wait until they arrive to make them or do you make them before arrival via email?

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
59 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner reservation question

We were there in October and made reservations about one week before we arrived. I would recommend doing that. I found the email address on here somewhere.

Hanover, New...
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner reservation question

We also made ours ahead of time. Helpful esp if you like specific times.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner reservation question

I do half and half.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner reservation question

We arrive next Tuesday. I made reservations yesterday - 4 nights (Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat). Was informed no a la cartes on Wed night because of International Buffet and "Stars under the Stars" night. Also, that you can only make one advance reservation by e-mail for each restaurant at the Grand. Times are 6.30, 7, 8.30 and 9 - e-mail I used was: rpgrandparaiso@iberostar.com.mx

Cheers! Mags

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner reservation question

We booked ours yesterday we have booked each al a carte we are going week today ,Will book rest when we arrive.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner reservation question

Thanks everyone for the responses.

PA
Level Contributor
132 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner reservation question

The resort will only allow you to reserve each restaurant once...no reservations on Sunday or Wednesday ahead of time. Once you get there you can reserve more. One week out !

8. Re: Dinner reservation question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 12:40