We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do near playa iberostar maya

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Things to do near playa iberostar maya

What tours or activities would you guys suggest ?

Plan on going on some type of jungle tour possibly atv tour or caves, want to check out jungle place if they arent booked already.

Also which ruins are closest to iberostar paraiso maya?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,269 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do near playa iberostar maya

You could always book a day with Edventure Tours. They are great and supply transportation and a guide and plan the day around what you want to do. You won't be dealing with a bus load of people either.

http://www.edventuretours.com.mx/

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,759 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do near playa iberostar maya

Closest ruins I'm thinking Tulum...................

CHICAGO
Level Contributor
45 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do near playa iberostar maya

Yeah I agree, I think the closest ruins would be Tulum. When we were there, there are exclursion rep desk located in the lobby.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do near playa iberostar maya

Is there any hiking nearby? It looks like there is alot of jungle near the the resort.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do near playa iberostar maya

bump. Is there any good hiking trails near Iberostar Grand?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do near playa iberostar maya

There is definately jungle next to the grand, i walked over towards it but didnt see any hiking trails... didnt walk too far into it though.

We did go on the jungle ATV tour which was cool.. its really rocky but was still fun..,, its at the building at the opposite end of the beach from the grand, getting use the place took a couple days , I highly suggest you have them drive you in the golf carts to different locations, It looks not so far on the map but after you walk all day it gets tiring. Only regret is i wish I wouldve called them more to drive me to various places/restaruants in the resort, i walked quite a bit.

Im ready to go back in december.. not sure which resort.

Iberostar Paraiso maya was awesome, i dont really see where all the negative reviews come from, i suppose some of their buffets could have been better or a little more variety, but other than that the place was great..

I like it much better than CANCUN for the fact that the resorts are larger and have much more natural surroundings, one of the main reasons i picked Iberostar Maya is that it has a GREAT beach with trees around, palm trees etc.. unlike many beaches in cancun with zero trees or natural surroundings... The landscape at this place is amazing and perfect, they must have 50 landscapers working daily probably more to maintain the place..

Edited: 07 June 2012, 20:39
Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
278 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do near playa iberostar maya

Try www.yourprivatetour.com You will get first class personal service. Plus, Jay the owner replies to your questions very fast!!

8. Re: Things to do near playa iberostar maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 12:42