We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Towel game?

north east england
Level Contributor
95 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Towel game?

We are off to the Iberostar Lindo on the 7th. Quite a few of the reviews mention that a lot of sunbeds are reserved from early morning by people placing towels on them. Though an early riser I do not want to have to set an alarm to have to go and put towels on sunbeds. Would we find free ones if we take the chance of turning up at the pool after breakfast without placing our towels on a couple of beds first. We were at the Lindo 7 years ago and reserving beds was frowned upon, in fact pool staff would walk around the pool regularly and remove any towels etc from beds that had not been occupied for a while.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Towel game?

It is still frowned upon, but it does occur. If you are not picky about where you sit you should be OK. If you are talking about the actual canopy type beds at the pool....YES...you would have to be there very early. If you just want a lounge chair and don't have to be in a particular spot, you should be OK.

We just go to the beach where you can always find a chair (but not always under a palapa).

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
643 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Towel game?

I think a lot depends on the number of people at the hotel and what the weather is like. You can always find a chair, but it might not be the best location.

Guernsey, UK
Level Contributor
397 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Towel game?

I wouldn't worry or bother, there are loads of beds with shade at the Lindo.. No matter what time you get to the pool, you will find a nice spot with shade.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,584 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Towel game?

The Lindo has more than enough sunbeds ........................you shouldn't have a problem getting a couple together....................

Wyoming...
Level Contributor
56 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Towel game?

there were always beds at the Lindo available, just not up front, I was at the beach at 7:30 am & only on palapa in front left, we wanted seats upfront so we could watch our child swim, so we did play the towel...

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Towel game?

Just back from a fantastic 2 weeks at the Lindo, yes some sad people are up early with towels, but never had a problem finding a lounger either in the sun or in shade. Enjoy your holiday, we're seriously looking at going back in September/October this year

Marquette, Michigan
Level Contributor
241 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Towel game?

also just back from the Lindo, unless you need or want a Palapa, no problems with chairs (really at pool or beach) and if you want a palapa I'd say if you're there by 9:00am no problem with the occupancy we had (which I was told 40% other than the first day). We generally want to be at the beach by 9:30 so would go grab our spots and then have breakfast around 9:00 - but were never away more than a half hour.

NY
Level Contributor
174 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Towel game?

we were there the 5 - 12 no problems getting lounge chairs right next to the pool, All kinds of open areas,

9. Re: Towel game?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:15