We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Telephono to US

New York
Level Contributor
265 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Telephono to US

Are there internet stations to make international calls in PDC?

Can I purchase in the airport or PDC an international calling card to call the US from a pay phone at the hotel? Or room phone? Is there an extra charge for this?

I did purchase a card at Best Buys that state it can be used in Mexico to call US for an additional 1.00 surcharge but just in case I can’t get it to work would like to know my options.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Telephono to US

I just use my cell.

Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
550 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Telephono to US

There should be calling cards available in PDC as well as other locations. Someone said somewhere there is a 7/11 (or similar) and they should have them as well. Most hotels/resorts would sell them at their little stores as well.

Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Telephono to US

Calling cards are a pain at best (when they even work). If staying in touch with folks in the US is important and you want the convenience of cell at , get a phone from Mexitel Cellular (www.mexitel.net). $1 per call to the US and they send you the phone before you leave.

Edited: 15 May 2012, 16:08
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Telephono to US

skype is free

New York
Level Contributor
265 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Telephono to US

thanks ...i don't have international on my phone. its my sister's contract...mom does not have computer to use skype...calling card of telephone center is best bet stuck in the ice ages! :0)

Ohio
Level Contributor
169 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Telephono to US

We purchased a $20 phone card in the gift shop at Paraiso Beach and used the pay phone in the lobby.

It had enough minutes for my niece to call her parents every night.

New York
Level Contributor
265 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Telephono to US

thank bc the walgreens card I bought stinks big cahooties. press 1 press 2 press 3 please hold..

8. Re: Telephono to US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 00:42