We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone booked with First Choice?

Shropshire, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone booked with First Choice?

Hi there,

Just wondering whether anybody here has booked with First Choice for the Iberostar hotels (Lindo specifically) before?

If so, what were your experiences of dealing with them? Negative or positive?

Did you book excursions with them or find a local excursions/tour operator?

We are due to arrive late June and are wondering what we should do excursion wise so any suggestions and reasons for them would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone booked with First Choice?

We went with First Choice last year to the Lindo and couldnt fault them. I would book excursions with local tour ops of which you will find in the lobby areas on certain days, a lot cheaper. You will have a fab time the hotel is fabulous.

Shropshire, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone booked with First Choice?

Thanks for your reply and the info, we were hesitant to book before we go and you have just made our minds up to wait and see what's on offer when we get there, thank you :)

Any recommendations?

We are definitely going to swim with the dolphins, and fancy going to a Cenote.

We aren't sure whether to do snorkelling yet as my better half isn't too keen on big fish touching her!

We also fancy going to Chichen Itza but have heard it is some way from the hotel and we don't fancy being on a coach for too long in the likely 30+ celsius heat!

Edited: 29 May 2012, 12:52
Devon
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone booked with First Choice?

Hi we are going with First Choice early July for two weeks what date are you going. We have had 3 good holidays with them just hope they get us 2 good rooms with our 3 kids.

Shropshire, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone booked with First Choice?

Hi there,

We are flying on 27th June to return on 7th July. What dates do you go?

Regarding your wish for the 2 good rooms - you can e-mail the hotel direct to request a certain type of room - it may be worth you doing so if you haven't already?

The e-mail address I believe is:

rplindo.maya@iberostar.com.mx

I e-mailed them last week but they told me to send another e-mail closer to the time, so i'll just drop them another e-mail mid June to see if it's possible to get a Pool view.

You can also make dinner reservations for the a la carte restaurants via that e-mail address.

Anyone any idea how occupied the hotel tends to be in late June/early July?

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone booked with First Choice?

We have booked with first choice too and leave on June 28th for 2 weeks - we are at the Del Mar. We booked with FC for the baggage allowance mainly as its 20kg. Also last year in Cuba we travelled with Thomas Cook and whilst there some guests had a fair few problems ( we didn't luckily ) and they didnt deal with them that well yet FC shipped them out to other hotels to keep them happy

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone booked with First Choice?

we have booked with first choice this year through a thomsons shop flying thomsons airways on the 27th and have got to say the staff at first choice and thomsons have been first class and one girl in particular has sorted out a fair few queries/problems

we have travelled to dom rep and jamaica with first choice before and have to say havent had one problem while in resort or travelling

Devon
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone booked with First Choice?

We fly out on the 6th July for 2 weeks. We may get to see you ?

Anyone with teenagers going the same time?

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone booked with First Choice?

I have a lovely but quite shy 16 yr daughter and a little git of a son at 14 who I'm tempted to leave at home

What about you ?

Derby
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone booked with First Choice?

I have booked with first choice and flying out on Monday for 2 weeks.

The as most on here we have decided to wait untill we are thier to book excursions

Fingers crossed for the weather because everytime i look at the forcast it says rain or thunder storms!!!!

Jo

Shropshire, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone booked with First Choice?

I wouldn't be too worried about the weather, you're bound to get some rain, but I reckon it'll only be sharp downpours that you're grateful of with the hot weather, and even then it'll probably only last a few minutes! I'll no doubt have to assure the missus of her worries re. the weather too ;)

We have booked an excursion this week with Edventure Tours after a lot of research via TripAdvisor on lots of different tour guides. In our first week in Mexico, we are doing a day tour to the cenotes, snorkelling with turtles, mayan ruins, cliff jump, ziplines and canoeing etc. Most other tours i have looked at offer the same services for around $190 per person, they have quoted us just over $120 each, and they pick you up/drop you off at your hotel. They are also flexible in that if the day you prebook for needs to be changed you can re-arrange the date as long as you give them 24 hours notice, the same applies to cancellations.

To do all of the above with FirstChoice, we would have paid over £300 each, and nine times out of ten they use local tour services from which they make a tidy profit on, so we thought it a good idea to prebook.