We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So upset w/the Grand! Has this happened to anyone else?

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
347 posts
1 review
Save Topic
So upset w/the Grand! Has this happened to anyone else?

My hubby and I (along with our family) stayed at the Grand from May 16-23. This is our 3rd trip to the Grand hotel….we love this hotel along with all the other Iberostar resorts. These resorts are the only ones that we travel to over and over again! This past trip, we had Victor as our butler for the first couple of days. He was very friendly. This is our 3rd time back so we know the drill about the room/pillow menu/etc. We immediately ask for our usually pillows, special room requests....and our usual bottle of Captain Morgan and Absolute Vodka (that we ALWAYS had delivered from our trips to Mexico and Punta Cana Grands). He told me that they were no longer allowed to give bottles in the room! I swear to you! He said when we wanted a drink to call room service!! I was very upset (especially since this is a feature that we loved!) but didn’t get upset at him because this was not his fault, right??!! And I must have “missed” this change being discussed on tripadvisor, right?! After two nights, I called him and expressed how upset I was about this (especially since room service took 50 minutes to bring a small serving enough for one drink, and because of the fact that we love nothing more than having a cocktail or two on our private balcony before dinner!). Victor said that he would check with his supervisor to see if he could make a “special” exception for us. Go figure, the next night we had one bottle of Captain Morgan! So I gave him a generous tip (not that we weren’t going to anyways- we love to, and always do tip- but gave it early as he did us a “special favor”). I really didn’t think about it again until I just signed on to this site to read recent reviews and saw that everyone was still getting bottles- with not a mention to this feature being “done away with”.

Why would this have happened to us? Has anyone had a similar experience? The Grand Paraiso was our favorite hotel in the world and now I can’t help but feel…cheated? Lied to? This is not a huge deal but it definitely makes me think twice about going here ever again….It hurts me to ever talk negative about this place at all but what the heck! Thoughts???

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So upset w/the Grand! Has this happened to anyone else?

This has been discussed here a couple of times recently. He wasn't singling you out - it's a new policy.

It seems he went out of his way to make you happy, so I'm not really sure why you're still so upset.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So upset w/the Grand! Has this happened to anyone else?

If the Grand is truly your favorite resort, then this seems like a fairly minor issue IMO in the overall scheme of things.

A couple of the resorts we count among our favorites do not serve drinks to the room, period. For us, it is a non issue and a quick trip to the nearest bar solves the problem. I would not toss the baby out with the bathwater.

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: So upset w/the Grand! Has this happened to anyone else?

We know for a fact there was a problem with people ordering bottles, And taking them home. So The Grand has tightened their policy a bit. What is wrong with that? I was personally told there were people ordering several bottles at one time. Then the bottles Magically vanished.. So they HAD NO CHOICE but to change the policy.... Remember; They have a chart on everyone's drink preference. If you are a repeat guest.. Now I am not saying anyone here stole bottles, But if they did. The Grand knows that also..

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: So upset w/the Grand! Has this happened to anyone else?

It's been a sporadically enforced (and often discussed) policy for the last few years. Getting full bottles can be hit or miss, some times I've gotten them and other times they say it can't be done and instead bring rocks glasses filled with whatever liquor I requested and some times its started out one way and switched to the other mid-trip.

Like others I thinks its intended to cut down on people doing some "shopping" by ordering bottles and then packing them instead of using them so they do the glasses to see if you actually use the liquor and if so switch to the bottle.

nik

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
347 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: So upset w/the Grand! Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you all very much for the clarification. This is what I wanted to know...if it was, in fact, a new policy. As I said im my statement, I was OK with the fact that this was the case but was disappointed in the fact that the Grand stopped giving bottles. It was something my hubby and I enjoyed. I am upset that the policy changes from person to person, thats all. We were "out of luck" the first two nights while others were granted their requests immediately. We would never take home 1/2 filled bottles but I completely understand why they would stop giving out full ones if people are taking them home! This hasnt happened to us once in our travels to the Grands in Mexico and Punta Cana before.

We truly love this reosrt and recommend it to eveyone we know. The reason why we do is because it always WAS "just ask and you shall receive". This is just the first time we were denied (for the first two nights).

Also, if this is the new policy, maybe they could make a way around it, like giving small "nips" of vodka or rum. We only had nips of tequila.

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
347 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: So upset w/the Grand! Has this happened to anyone else?

And October..he did go out of his way which is why I was so grateful and tipped him early. He was actually a very nice, respectful, and funny butler and we really liked him! I was just shocked to read other reviews that said that they got the bottles from the beginning, thats all. I also appologize to bring up an issue that was frequently and previously discussed. My question has been answered that it is a newer policy, and thanks to all who were able to clarify for us!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So upset w/the Grand! Has this happened to anyone else?

I really don't understand what the big deal is. If it's that important to have those 2 bottles then why not pick them up in duty free. They cost less than 20 bucks each. Seems quite petty in the grand scheme of things.

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: So upset w/the Grand! Has this happened to anyone else?

It really is not petty, If someone is used to things being one way on previous trips, Then policy changes , And they are unaware of the New changes. One cannot blame them for the confusion..

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So upset w/the Grand! Has this happened to anyone else?

Well actually I can understand why sunprincessmg is a bit upset. It is the inconsistency of the policy. Some get it and some don't. This should never happen at a resort. They know people post about their vacation on here and there is a certain expectation. It may not be a big deal financially but if this is something you enjoy about the resort and it is available then you want it too. How was she to know that she needed to pick up some bottles on the way if it has always been supplied before. The Grand needs to tighten up this type of service and make a decision that is fair to everyone. Personally I never ordered a full bottle of anything stronger than wine in three visits to the Grand. There is more than enough to drink for me already:)

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: So upset w/the Grand! Has this happened to anyone else?

As far as I know the bottle policy has been around since at least 2010 when I first encountered it on my second trip but like so many other polices the enforcement is very hit or miss.

Inconsistent application of the rules is/has been a problem at every resort I've been to including the Grand. The biggest areas are the dress codes for restaurants that may or may not be enforced at any given time and the failure to enforce rules that would end the towel game. It would be nice to have consistency across the board on enforcing the rules but i don't see that happening since you'll always have someone who will want to keep the guest happy and avoid conflict by "bending the rules."

nik

Edited: 05 June 2012, 19:14