We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain

Oklahoma City...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rain

My husband and I are celebrating our 28th Anniversary October 6. We will be headed to The Grand for the fourth time! We have been vacationing in Playa for the last 15 years, fortunetly we have always had beautiful weather! Looking now at the weather for the week (Oct 4-10) we will be there, has rain at 60% every day. It is so disappointing to think we may be there and it rain every day. Is anyone there now that can comment on this? I know it rains maybe a little during the day but this calls for rain all day.

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain

There are a couple threads on this topic.

Do not bother to look at forecast - it will always say 60% rain. All that means is that there is a 60% chance that there will be a spot shower and a 40% chance of a cloudless, sunny day.

Either way the likelihood of a total washout is very small and even if it does, there is plenty of other stuff to do and drink while you wait for the sun to come back out.

Enjoy yourself!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain

Disregard the forecast, especially this far out........I can't tell you how often I've looked at a weather report, only to find it change on the actual date...........please don't worry, you will have a good time....................Happy Anniversay :)

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain

Yes, very popular type of thread in every forum.

Would you trust your local forecast outside of the next 48 hours? I wouldn't.

All destinations seem to have a high percentage of rain during hurricane season and 99% of the time it doesn't rain.

I would be more concern if you were going in August.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,042 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain

Ditto to what everyone else has said.

When I visited the area in July of this year, the forecast for the entire week was at least 60% chance of rain each day and 80% on a couple of days.

What we actually got was one brief shower which lasted maybe 90 seconds. The next day it rained fairly heavily for less than 5 minutes. That was it - the rest of the time was sunny and hot, hot, HOT.

Oklahoma City...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain

This makes me feel a whole lot better! A little rain is fine, but thunderstorms all day would not make for a good vacation. I'm definitely in a different mind set now and ready for the sun and fun! We love returning to IG, and find it hard to try something new. Once again thank you!

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain

Rain! Sunshine! No extra charge.. All included..

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain

why would someone from oklahoma think it could t-storm all day?

Oklahoma City...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain

So true! Thank you for the positive note. There is sooo much to do there!

Oklahoma City...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain

Ha! Come to Oklahoma and get a feel for the wind......it will blow you away!

10. Re: Rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 10:18