We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso Suggestions

Columbia, Missouri...
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso Suggestions

My fiance and I are getting very close to our wedding and our honeymoon to the Grand on May 27-June 3. We are really excited for the trip, but know nothing about the hotel (aside from the reviews I've read on here). I was wondering, for those who have been before, what sort of suggestions you have for making dinner reservations, getting room upgrades, etc. Just looking for any insider information for the trip in any respect you are willing to provide!

Also wanting to know if anyone will be there the same days that we are!

Thanks in advance

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso Suggestions

Congratulations! The Grand is an amazing place for a honeymoon, I know from experience.

There is a thread on this forum for a Grand May Roll call so you may want to check that out to see if anyone has posted they will be there on the same dates as you will.

On the top of this page on the right side is a bunch of "Top Questions about Playa Paraiso" you may want to read those. They are extremely helpful.

You can email the Grand a week to 10 days before arrival and request a few dinner reservations. I believe you cannot make reservations by email for Sundays and Wednesdays as they are the days that they have the Mexican and International themed buffets. You may on those days make reservations for the restaurants they have open on those nights, but I believe you have to make those reservations the day of.

I believe there is no rhyme or reason as to why/how some people get "free" upgrades, but you can always email ahead of your trip requesting a particular floor or view and they will most likely respond back with 'its all due to availability at the time."

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso Suggestions

Make sure you check out the spa pool. It's got lots of great features. Walk all around because there are unique and interesting pieces if art all over the place. Don't be afraid to ask for something on the menu to be prepared a little differently. Make friends with the bartenders. Have a great time!

st. louis
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso Suggestions

You might mention that you are on your honeymoon. It won't guarantee that you get an upgrade, but it won't hurt.

Boston MA
Level Contributor
82 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso Suggestions

Hi my husband and I will be at the grand from June 1st to June 6th our 4 time to playa paraiso 3 stay at the grand 1 stay at the maya next door! We also stayed at the grand in 2010 for our honeymoon it was amazing im sure you will have a great time. We emailed about 10 days before arrival to make a few dinner reservation and just make the rest the first day you arrive there. Deff be sure to go across the street to the commercial center they have a burger place and a ice cream shop that are all included ! There is also a huge spa there the big salt water pool and jacuzzi area included treatments extra! Have a great time maybe we see you there :)

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso Suggestions

There is also a taco place at the shopping center. The ice cream place has crepes. A lunch of tacos and crepes is awesome! If I'm not mistaken, the hamburger place is one late,for people leaving the disco.

Also remember, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! It is so easy to get dehydrated. Even after 19 trips to the Riviera Maya, I still can get dehydrated. You don't feel awful, just slightly nauseated and no appetite and maybe a little buzzy. Avoide it by drinking plenty of water!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso Suggestions

Firstly congratulations, we will be at the grand on the 28th may for our 9th visit, we come all the way from the uk. So it just shows how much we love it!!

Make sure You explore the other 4 iberostar properties on the paraíso resort, they all have something different to offer, and provide some great scenic walks. Just a small thing, the minibar can be stocked to your specific requirements, the Butler will ask You this when he shows You around the room. So if You Want a fridge full of corona and Victoria no problem, also they will bring You a full bottle of your liquor of choice, to have in your room.

Level Contributor
249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso Suggestions

Hi. Have a read of my recent review. I've put some hints and tips on there. Have a fab holiday!

Columbia, Missouri...
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso Suggestions

Thank you all for the suggestions! I was worried about reservations but emailing ahead seems like a wonderful idea.

Anyone know whether it is a good idea to go on an excursion, or trip outside the resort? Since we are only there 6 days we weren't sure if it would be better to just enjoy the resort and relax, or go on a fun excursion!

Pittsburgh...
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso Suggestions

enjoy the resort, its unbelievable.. the food is ridiculous, seriously, it is amazing, we have been there twice, ocean front once, non ocean front the other.........since we were out a lot I found I would not ever pay for ocean front again because I spent all day on the ocean, lol.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso Suggestions

For us and a 6 day trip we could really go either way on whether or not to venture outside the Grand. You know there is golf on site which is included, correct? I would suggest researching the possible excursions and first seeing if there is anything you are interested in doing. My husband is more active so he tends to like going out of the resort on one day of our trip.