We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar properties next door to each other

Stony Plain, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar properties next door to each other

I've booked our stay today at the Grand today. We will be there Nov 9-16, can't wait! Hubby and I would like to check out the other properties, Maya, Lindo etc. We'd probably wanna try the lazy river. How close are these properties together? Does anyone have a map? How long of a walk would it be and which resort is first next to the Grand? Thanks!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,269 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar properties next door to each other

The properties are right next door to each other. From the Grand you can have someone take you over on a golf cart or it's just easy to walk along the beach.

Here's a map of the complex:

http://www.ib-board.com/ib_complex.jpg

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar properties next door to each other

The Maya is immediately next to the Grand with the Lindo next. We accessed it via the beach and then walked up through the resort. It is probably a 5-10 minute walk depending on how quickly you walk and how directly you go. We wandered and would check things out along the way so it took a little longer, but it isn't far. It's worth it to go the extra little bit to check out the snake bar and aviary and other features of the resorts next door.

Have fun!

Stony Plain, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar properties next door to each other

Thanks everyone. It looks amazing! The map is great too. I noticed on the map (in the Grand section) #13 is indicated as the tranquility pool and #15 is indicated as the Activity pool? Isn't the Activity pool the bigger one of the two and beachfront?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar properties next door to each other

Yes you are right. The map is incorrect.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar properties next door to each other

There's a path that borders the Grand and Maya, so you don't have to walk the beach to get to the Lazy River, which is closer to the Grand spa. You can cut through the Maya courtyards to the pool area. Be forewarned though, the lazy river is really lazy.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,784 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar properties next door to each other

labelled satellite image:

wikimapia.org/…b

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar properties next door to each other

i really enjoyed walking trough the whole resort. Starting next to the theatre at the grand, arriving at the Maya. Walking through all those lovely courtyards... Ordering a drink at every bar we passed on our way to the Del Mar ;)

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar properties next door to each other

We spent one afternoon pool-hopping. We had a cart take us over to the Beach/DelMar and worked our way back.

In fact, that was the only time we were told "no" at the Grand-- we asked a pool waitress if she could call us a cart to pick us up from the Tranquility Pool, and were told that we needed to call ourselves. I walked inside to the house phone by the restaurants and called. Then we waited about 15 minutes by the cart path and no one came. Mrs. Geek walked back to the Building 71 lobby and got a butler there.

West Mifflin...
Level Contributor
341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar properties next door to each other

Can anyone tell me if the gym over at the Del Mar has been updated in the last few years? We are heading to the Grand for the 3rd time this June and the gym there is fine but a bit small. Stayed at the Maya and Del Mar many times a couple years back and at that time the Del Mar gym wasn't air conditioned and the equipment suffered because of the humidity. We like to incorporate a brisk walk to an fro on the days we decide to work out and the walk from the Grand to that gym would certainly qualify. Thanks!

West Mifflin...
Level Contributor
341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar properties next door to each other

As said before the easiest way to get to each resort is along the beach walkway. We have been to the Paraiso 8 times and heading back to the Grand this summer and always take at least one day to pool/bar hop the whole complex. Even though the other resorts aren't as high end as the Grand in terms of food and drink you really miss out on some amazing exploring if you just limit your stay to the Grand...just my opinion. In the evening we probably spend more time at the Maya/Snake bar that the lobby bar at the Grand. Probably my favorite place in the world to have a drink!