We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand internet

south holland il.
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Grand internet

Will be at the Grand in 10 days, as much as I hate to take work with me I have to stay in touch. Taking my I-Pad Wi Fi not important but would like to get wired in the room. Does the resort supply all the connections??

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand internet

I think they have some cables to borrow but they are regularly reported to be very short cables so most recommend bringing your own cable.

If you want in room wifi you will need to bring your own router.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand internet

Does this mean they have cat5 ports in the room for wired access if you bring your own cable?

st. louis
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand internet

Yes, the port is in the wall by the desk. They will provide you with a cable that is 2 feet long if you do not bring your own.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand internet

We were there last week and took our own Ethernet cable. Worked fine.....WHEN IT WORKED!! We were in room 7159 (oceanfront building) and there seemed to be a problem with the connection point - maintenance had to take plate off the wall (and they replaced it the other way round!). However, what was annoying was that they told us it was an hotel-wide problem....a lie.....it was our room. We arrived in room at 1pm and had no access till 8am following morning and even then it was sporadic - depended how you jiggled the cable and plug point ...lllolol. So, don't depend on it in your room if you need wired access to the internet; can get Wi-Fi in the lobby of the building or in the lobby at reception.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand internet

When we were there a couple months ago it was great. No speed issues and consistent. We brought a cable and router to create the wifi. We could almost get it at the tranquility pool (husband could see it but signal wasn't strong enough) so a few rooms closer and we might have had it by the pool, too.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand internet

What does it cost? I read a post from 2011 that said 30 pesos for 15 minutes or $15 a day - are these prices still right?

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand internet

It was free for all guests when we were there last week.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand internet

Internet at the Grand is free, for Maya guests there is free wifi in the lobby but in room is pay. It's also pay access at the Lindo, Beach and Del Mar.

I always take a travel/nano router and setup my own wifi. They are supposedly in the process of adding wifi throughout the Grand but for now its limited to the main lobby but you can sometimes get the signal in the lobbies of the oceanfront buildings the concierges use or other guests. As well as sometime accessing other guests wifi routers.

nik

9. Re: Grand internet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 05:15