We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Maya Royale 6th-13th May, 2013...live and kicking!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Maya Royale 6th-13th May, 2013...live and kicking!

Arrived yesterday about 10 am. Got room at 1pm (early). Impressed with lobby and check-in efficiency (but no champagne or towel, 'tho saw bottle on table..too early?:):)

Very pleasantly surprised by this place, given the price point. All staff helpful, friendly and efficient (so far). Nice room, bed comfortable - think modern Ikea style, not lavish - everything you need. Welcome bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries in room.

Food so far is very nice, good selection. Ate at Oriental last night and buffet for lunch (giant shrimp!). Went to beach buffet today for lunch; adequate with view of ocean. Main buffet for lunch has everything you would look for, as has b/fast buffet.

Show was good last night, plus they had a jazz saxophonist in the plaza beforehand and a DJ after.

No problem getting a palapa on the beach at 8am this morning, but most umbrellas round the pool were gone by 8am. Beach is much better than I was led to believe...and I'm a beach person! Pools are popular and the entertainment team is enthusiastic and not annoying in the slightest (at least for us).

My only drawback is the wifi in the room for laptop use is VERY EXPENSIVE - $15 for 24 hrs or $40 for 72 hrs (these prices just started yesterday). It's included for "Privilege" and it's also free in the lobby area and plaza outside the lobby.

Don't know when/if I'll be able to answer or post again - having too good a time on the beach! (ha,ha) to walk to the lobby - 'tho it's only a 5 minute stroll through pleasant grounds.

Hope this helps anyone coming or thinking of booking. Mags

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Maya Royale 6th-13th May, 2013...live and kicking!

So glad you are enjoying it Mags. Jealous! Hi to G!

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Maya Royale 6th-13th May, 2013...live and kicking!

Glad you are having a god time. See you Monday!

Edited: 08 May 2013, 15:39
Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Maya Royale 6th-13th May, 2013...live and kicking!

I am very concerned about the beach/water at this resort..we are traveling in one week and am considering moving to a different resort in order to swim in the ocean - is the beach decent? We are used to the ones in Playacar and while I do not expect that, this looks very murky with limited access...

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Maya Royale 6th-13th May, 2013...live and kicking!

As per my post, I thought the beach was fine; much better than some have posted. Of course, conditions can change depending on weather, tides, etc. Sand was white, ocean wasn't as blue as Playacar, but fine, with hardly any seagrass etc. This was on the right-hand side of the resort, looking at the ocean. The left hand-side ocean was a wee bit murkier, but I think that's cos the pier traps a lot of stuff. I'm totally a beach/sea person - was never in the pools. I swam in the ocean every day.

I live in Southwest Florida and at the moment our "water" isn't the clear blue/green we've come to expect, due to runoff from heavy rains and letting lake water into the Gulf.......looks more like dirty tea!; 'tho it's beginning to clear up now.

Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Maya Royale 6th-13th May, 2013...live and kicking!

That helps thanks...just dont want to get there and feel like we are swimming in the Gulf...we go for the blue water and soft sand. Understand changing conditions just really struggling w this or the Iberostar Del Mar

Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Maya Royale 6th-13th May, 2013...live and kicking!

That helps thanks...just dont want to get there and feel like we are swimming in the Gulf...we go for the blue water and soft sand. Understand changing conditions just really struggling w this or the Iberostar Del Mar

7. Re: Ocean Maya Royale 6th-13th May, 2013...live and kicking!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 05:16