We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Someone, Anyone Please

Chicago
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Someone, Anyone Please

Tell me that everything is going to be ok. :)

So, i booked the Iberostar beach and just today cancelled due to family reasons. My wife and i were so upset but then of course family says do not cancel and go. So I call my travel agent and of course like i figured once you cancel you can not undo it through Funjet.

So we book another trip right away but cannot get the Beach so we are now at staying at the Del Mar as we didn't want to spend a ton of money. This time through Apple. Are there any major differences between the beach and del mar? I don't know why but i am worried that it is different. Can we use the same restaurants, bars, etc as if we were staying at the Beach?

Thanks for the help everyone. Everyone on here has been great.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,513 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Someone, Anyone Please

Yes, everything will be fine. They are basically the same resort.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Someone, Anyone Please

same resort, different names depending on which wholesaler it is...you will be fine

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Someone, Anyone Please

They are 2 sides of the same section of the complex. 5 sections of the complex in total. The other 3 (which are off limits) are Lindo, Maya and Grand.

Maps are good:

wikimapia.org/…b

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,273 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Someone, Anyone Please

The only difference is the décor. The Beach and Del Mar share ALL facilities. They each have their own lobby, but you can relax and enjoy either one. Don't forget...the eateries at the Commercial Center across from the Lindo lobby are also part of your all inclusive!

Edited: 08 July 2013, 21:42
Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
55 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Someone, Anyone Please

Both resorts are connected and in the same facilitiy! Funjet send people to the Beach lobby and Apple send people to Del Mar. It's just in their contracts but it makes no different honestly! You'll be fine! Just enjoy your vacation!

Warren
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Someone, Anyone Please

Relax!! I've stayed at both and have been going back to the Del Mar for the last 10 plus years! They are sister resorts---all amenities are shared. The resorts are built parallel to each other--so you share pool, beach and there are restaurants at both resorts you can use. You are going to love it! Beautiful grounds and the staff is wonderful--can't do enough for you. Enjoy!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Someone, Anyone Please

You might just get bumped back to the Beach anyway. We originally booked the Del Mar and upon arrival were put in the Beach. At first I was upset as I did so much research on the Del Mar, not knowing that they really are just about the same, as stated here.

Enjoy!

Chicago
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Someone, Anyone Please

Thanks everyone for your response and calming me down. :) I can't wait. We leave only in a few short days (July 15). Ill be sure to let everyone know how it was. Super excited!!!!!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,273 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Someone, Anyone Please

Dan....make your dinner reservations as soon as you get there. You can also be put on a waiting list for more than the guaranteed ones.

Chicago
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Someone, Anyone Please

I def will make them right away. Hopefully we can squeeze one more a la carte out of them for our last night. :)