We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf at the Grand

Denver
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Golf at the Grand

Hi -

I am planning a trip to the Grand. The Iberostar website for the Grand indicates one free round (green fees) for stays of 3 and 4 nights, and two free rounds (green fees) for stays of 5 nights and more.

I have read forum posts that indicate $49 per round for Grand guests. As above, the Iberostar website indicates free rounds based on the length of stay.

Can any recent visitor at the Grand confirm this 'free-round' policy? Should I email them to confirm?; if so, does anyone have an email address for the course?

We will NOT be bringing our own clubs (unless someone can suggest a reasonable way to ship!!), so I understand we will have to pay for club rentals when there. After reading multiple review of this course, however, we will bring a ton of balls.....

I also assume that the "free" rounds includes a cart. We will NOT be bringing golf shoes (we will bring tennis shoes, intending to wear those when playing).

Other than club rentals, and confirmation of the 'free' rounds, are there any out-of-pocket costs that I am missing re: golf?

Much thanks in advance.

Chuck

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf at the Grand

I have emailed the Playa paraiso golf course using this address and have received helpful replies. I would email them with any questions to which you cannot find the answers here.

golfparaiso@iberostar.com.mx

You will receive free rounds based on your length of stay and then any additional rounds will be at a cost. Whether that cost is $49 right now I am not sure. This is the information about club rentals:

Rental clubs for $40usd per set:

Men MX23 (Right & Left handed)

Men & Ladies Nike NDS (Right & Left handed)

Men Titleist 804-OS (Right handed)

Men King Cobra 3100 (Left handed)

Ladies Tava (Right handed)

Premium Rental clubs for $65usd per set:

Men Titleist AP1 Steel/Stiff (Right & Left handed)

Men Ping G15 Steel/regular (Right & Left handed)

Ladies Ping Faith Graphite (Right handed)

Ladies King Cobra S2 Graphite (Right handed)

Practice Range:

Medium Bucket $7usd with 40 balls.

Large Bucket $10usd with 80 balls.

The cart is included as is any drinks or food from the cart.

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf at the Grand

I'd bring shoes and socks, as well as at least a sleeve of balls.

Texas
Level Contributor
284 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf at the Grand

We were there last week and for the week we could each play 2 rounds of golf for free. I don't play and there was no charge for me to tag along with the hubby and he couldn't use my 2 rounds either. Cart and food/drinks were included. My hubby rented the cheapest clubs for $40 so that was our only expense. He took his own glove, shoes and balls. Yes the balls are expensive and he lost 6 of his own so was glad he brought them. We got a 7:20 tee time, show up a little early and buy some range balls for practice if you like, and it got quite hot by the 9th. It took about 3 hrs or so. There is a cart that comes around with water, cokes, beer, liquor, sandwiches & chips, all included we just tipped them. When your done theres a guy that takes care of everything, cleans your clubs, cart etc and even gives you a cold washcloth! Of course you have to stop by the bar in the clubhouse for a drink when your done! It was a very nice course.

4. Re: Golf at the Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 05:16