We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Royale October 2013

El Dorado Royale October 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2016, 00:30
Edited: 26 July 2016, 00:30
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado Royale October 2013

Hey Lizzie C, I'm going to the EDR on the 29th Sept with my fiancé. This will be my 4 time in Mexico, really do love the place. First time in the EDR but had friends stay last year and said it was fantastic. We have stayed in both the royal hotels in Cancun and at Playa Del Carmen and always had fantastic service. The nights out are always great. Counting down the weeks now!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado Royale October 2013

Hi Lizzie - Welcome to the TA Forums. The below link is a live blog I put up whilst there in January whilst at EDR. A whole multitude of questions are asked - hopefully it will help.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…46867309

new york
Level Contributor
424 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Dorado Royale October 2013

We celebrated our 25th anniversary here last April. Room was very large, updated and no moldy smell. Extremely clean and very comfortable pillow top bed. We often ordered room service for breakfast and sat on our patio most mornings. Usually took 30 min. for delivery. Dinner at all the restaurants was top notch and no reservations needed was a great feature. Take a bike tour of the resort the day after you arrive to get a good feel for the resort layout. I would suggest a day trip to Puerto Morelos for snorkeling. Just go to the main pier early (9:30-10:) ask around for a 2 hr. trip ,maybe 25.00 pp and then followup with drinks and dinner in this small town. So different than Playa Del Carmen which you could do for a second excursion for more action and nightlife. We found EDR lacking in nightlife but after being in the sun all day we were beat. Have a great trip. EDR's food was the best we have experienced in an all inclusive.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
new york
Level Contributor
424 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Dorado Royale October 2013

Forgot to mention: We had a couples massage included in our pkg. and we opted for the beach sky massage not realizing we had to venture on the main paths with our white robes on to reach the sky massage table. Suggest you get the massage inside the facility as it wasn't very private with sunbathers below you as you disrobe.

GTA
Level Contributor
804 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Dorado Royale October 2013

EDR is an amazing place for most people. I have an older review you can find. I found the Europeans there really enjoyed it. I think you will be very happy. Go to enjoy yourself and be happy and things will be very very enjoyable.

6. Re: El Dorado Royale October 2013

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Dorado Royale October 2013

Hello, we are booked in the EDR in October (10th - 24th) This is our first time at this hotel and by the comments it's receiving, really looking forward to going...just hope this weather front blows itself out by the time we arrive. We stayed at the Dreams Tulum same time last year which seemed hard to top and had wall to wall sunshine throughout our stay. We loved Mexico and am sure you will too. May bump into you if our holiday dates coincide.

8. Re: El Dorado Royale October 2013

surrey, england
Level Contributor
134 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El Dorado Royale October 2013

Hi Lizzie we are returning to Mexico for our 5th visit and 3d time at the EDR - its a great place and lots of choices in terms of where to speand the day - pools or beach, where to eat, do you relax all day or join in with the entertainment teams ???. I promise that the staff will look after you. We are celebrating my 50th birthday and also getting married on the beach during this visit so I am really, really, really excited. Not long now. Hope you explore outtside the hotel too and see some of the sights and sounds of Mexico and the Mayan people. Enjoy

10. Re: El Dorado Royale October 2013

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 11:18