We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ib Grand - recent reviews

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Ib Grand - recent reviews

wow, the reviews for the Iberostar Grand are really taking a beating lately. Hopefully it's because the folks with good reviews just are not posting as much - or is it really that run down? Sounds like they have quite a problem with leaking there when it rains.

Illinois
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ib Grand - recent reviews

I've noticed the same thing myself.....and I'll admit kind of worried since we will be arriving there in 10 days. I've noticed a common theme with the complaints, it's either the leaking roofs, the food or upkeep of the resort.

I know people say your vacation is what you make of it, but we paid a LOT of money for our reservation and I hope it's not as bad as people have been stating lately.

ireland
Level Contributor
89 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ib Grand - recent reviews

Hi,

Just thinking of booking this hotel myself for next early spring........ does any one know of somewhere else that would equal the earlier reviews? I know that long time visitors will be very quick to put down bad reviews but things change in every hotel. After a long and expensive trip from Europe the last thing I want is musty, damp smells and rain pouring down on top of me. I can get that at home for no extra cost!

Thanks for any help.

ontario
Level Contributor
242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ib Grand - recent reviews

We will be at the Grand in 3 days...hope the good reviews are more correct than the bad reviews. I've also noticed that management no longer makes comments on reviews as they did in the past.

Illinois
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ib Grand - recent reviews

Whiskykat I'll be anxious to hear what you have to say when you return! We arrive the 20th.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ib Grand - recent reviews

They really do need to do something about the leaks.

I did chuckle when I saw the person complain about the fact that they don't give out jewelry worthy wristbands.

As for the children on the beach, beaches in Mexico are public and you cannot restrict anyone anywhere.

I hope the food hasn't gone downhill. Whiskeykat - ill be looking forward to your assessment when you go!

Truth or...
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ib Grand - recent reviews

There are 2 poor reviews of late. I don't think that's "taking a beating."

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ib Grand - recent reviews

Ive been recently and aside from room service breakfast the food was very good. Particularly lunch and the Italian a la carte. Drinks were very good and we tried many on the updated drink menus. Some of the resort needs up keep but they were constantly workers working and it is still such a beautiful place.

Oklahoma City...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ib Grand - recent reviews

We've been here three nights now and the weather has not been great (rain and short stretches of sunshine). I agree they need to repair the leaks. The food has been good, service is very good, and we've only encountered a few mosquitoes. We don't feel like the music at the pool has been overbearing. There are activities that go on at the main pool, but that's part of the entertainment. Yes, it is disappointing when you go on a beach vacation and it rains, but the hotel has no control over the weather. The wi-fi has been working with no problems so far. As far as the bracelet remark - seriously? The grounds are meticulously maintained, and there is upkeep going on daily. This is our fourth trip to The Grand, and we have seen nothing so far that would prevent us from returning a fifth time.

9. Re: Ib Grand - recent reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 05:19