We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aeromexico

Floral Park, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aeromexico

I'm trying to book my honeymoon to the Grand but it seems the only early morning non stop flights out of JFK are through Aeromexico? Anyone ever flown with them?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aeromexico

They are usually fine. Free alcohol, headphones and hot meals. They have had punctuality and cancellation issues so best check the stats for that particular route just in case it's a bit wobbly.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aeromexico

I agree! Love the early flights, cocktails and meals! I am a huge Jet Blue flier but Aeromexico comes in 2nd!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
654 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aeromexico

We flew them for one trip, they were better than any American airline we had flown.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,222 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aeromexico

Im not a fan, but I would book them again.

Let's just say standing for 6 hours in Mexico City checking the board for information isn't my idea of keeping the customer informed. Tell me my flight is delayed 6 hours, but dont tell me to just stand there just watching a board for updates.

Then again, when I was on the delayed flight back from Merida to Mexico City, it was comforting to have the Mexican man next to me say "dont worry - you'll make your connection - every flight on this F-cking airline is always late" - and he was right!

It beats Mexicana by a mile - I always thought it was a training flight on that airline!

suitcaseready.com

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,683 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aeromexico

I worked for a major US airline but when I had a choice, I would choose Aeromexico. Agree with evening that Mexico City can be a hassle because most all the airlines keep you in a holding area where you watch the board for your departing flight. I had the advantage of knowing what gate when I used Mexico City often so I would go to the gate to wait.

Anaheim,CA
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aeromexico

Aeromexico is awesome!!!! Free drinks, food and best of all the customer service. If they had a direct flght from LAX i would have booked with them instead of virgin america.

Boylston...
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aeromexico

We used Aeromexico once several years ago and it was fine. Now we always fly non stop from Boston to Cancun on Jet Blue. Great early morning flights and good prices.

Fort Montgomery...
Level Contributor
415 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aeromexico

I had the same question last year before booking this same flight and we didn't have any issues. I've already booked it again for next May. I booked through Otbitz and it's a lot cheaper and the flight times are a lot better ( get in early and leave later).

Floral Park, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aeromexico

Thank you everyone for the responses!!! I guess it is hit or miss with them. I will talk it over with my fiance to make our final decision!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,683 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aeromexico

¨I guess it is hit or miss with them¨

Probably less so with AM than most major airlines.