We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IB Grand Oceanfront Suite or Oceanfront Superior

Floral Park, New...
Level Contributor
128 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
IB Grand Oceanfront Suite or Oceanfront Superior

I'm in the process of booking my Honeymoon at the Grand. On the Iberostar website it shows the Oceanfront Superior room has a jacuzzi on the balcony. I have a few questions about these two rooms:

1. Any difference in the room size?

2. Anyone know how big the jacuzzi is? My fiance is tall 6'4" and we already know he won't fit into the room bathtub comfortably since he did not at the Grand in Jamaica. Just don't want to spend the extra money if he can't utilize the jacuzzi.

3. Do either of these rooms have the swing chair on the balcony? I absolutely loved it when I was at the Grand in Jamaica.

4. What is the highest floor at the Grand?

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IB Grand Oceanfront Suite or Oceanfront Superior

They have the swing chair on the oceanfront rooms not sure about the superior room and three floors in the oceanfront rooms.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: IB Grand Oceanfront Suite or Oceanfront Superior

1.The only difference I noticed is that the corner rooms aka superior jr suites have a little entry area with a table and chairs before you get into the main room. It's weird since it seems like an afterthought, almost a "hey we have a little space here lets do something with it."

2. Its a round jacuzzi tub and is probably the same size as the one in the bathroom and not very deep.

3. The superior rooms don't have a swing chair the regular ones do.

4. 3 floors, best views would be from there but there are palm trees in front of some of the rooms on all the levels.

nik

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,931 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IB Grand Oceanfront Suite or Oceanfront Superior

Galyndrial,

We had the same issue at the IB Grand Bavaro in PC. My husband is also 6'4". We've pretty much given up on the idea of enjoying jacuzzis together at resorts. So many other fun things to do on a honeymoon!

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IB Grand Oceanfront Suite or Oceanfront Superior

LOVE your screen name!

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,931 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IB Grand Oceanfront Suite or Oceanfront Superior

Thanks, Actran!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: IB Grand Oceanfront Suite or Oceanfront Superior

I have stayed in that room class twice.

My partner is 6'3", I am 6'2", we're both big enough guys and we both fit in the corner outdoor Jacuzzi. It's much bigger than the ones found in the bathrooms, but it's not very deep. WARNING: it takes forever to fill up.

There are no swing chairs outside of the corner jacuzzi suites, just the little sofa.

The highest floor is floor three, but if you get the corner suite, floor two or floor three is fine and you will get a good view. On floor two, you are just below the palms, on floor three you are above the palms.

Overall, the room is almost the same size, the only difference is the table area, the wall juts out approximately one foot and there is a window, this means that the table doesn't' take up the space in front of the patio door area. There is the little "room" with two chairs before you enter the hall with the bathroom, closets and mini-bar. We found that room useless and would place only our shoes there. It's the width of the hallway and makes the overall square footage of the room larger but it's wasted space.

Edited: 29 September 2013, 06:39
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IB Grand Oceanfront Suite or Oceanfront Superior

In building 71 I was on floor 2 and had a direct ocean view. My friend was on the third floor and she had an obstructed view from the palms.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,931 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IB Grand Oceanfront Suite or Oceanfront Superior

Gabriel,

Great info! Would a shallow jacuzzi tub be not as enjoyable, though? I'm thinking it might get a little chilly to have warm water that you can't submerge so much of your bodies into. I guess it depends on the air temperature, but I think I would better enjoy a regular depth jacuzzi.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IB Grand Oceanfront Suite or Oceanfront Superior

I love the corner jacuzzi suite--it was deep enough to sit in and be covered to my shoulders. I would recommend top floor. I posted a picture in my review.

10. Re: IB Grand Oceanfront Suite or Oceanfront Superior

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 05:19