We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few Iberostar Maya questions

PA
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A few Iberostar Maya questions

Hey all,

I just booked a trip for our family of 5 to the Iberostar Maya on Nov. 12th. I just had a few questions as I am having a hard time finding answers on here.

Since I am at the Maya, may we use all the restaurants at all the resorts?

Are there rafts at the pools? Tubes at the lazy river? Do they cost extra?

Are there beach toys and or boogie boards to borrow for my kids?

Stupid question... but are there chicken fingers anywhere on site? If so, does the snack bar serve them? My son is really picky and I am hoping the basic kid foods will be available. (I have been on the Iberostar boards and viewed menu's but half don't work)

Is there any room service included?

I read somewhere that this is a GREEN resort. There was mention that the mini fridges are not cold because of this. Is this true?

That's all I can think of for now. I hope some of you can shed some light for us to make this a most enjoyable trip for all. Any additional tips you can add would be wonderful. We will have 3 kids 9, 6, and 2 with us.

Thanks,

Becky

Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few Iberostar Maya questions

I will be at the maya Sunday. I've stayed at other Iberostars before so I'm going to "assume" a few things.

You will have access to everything but the grand, including inner tubes.

Room service is included.

If they don't have chicken fingers out, just ask for them.

As you will see in some of my previous post I always encourage tipping everyone. No I do t work the resort, I live in Michigan, but everyone will go above and beyond for your needs.

Good luck and enjoy you trip

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
100 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few Iberostar Maya questions

We were at the Maya this passed July, yes there is chicken fingers, if not just ask, they will prepare them for you. Yes room service is included, 24hrs. Yes tubes at the lazy river, no free boogie boards, we bought one at the gift shop. You can eat at all the other iberostar a besides the grand. There is a mini waterpark for kids under 10, which looked like fun, never went my son is 12 and he had no interest in going in. Also the shopping mall on site has a very good taco and ice cream place that is included in the all inclusive price. Also at the shopping mall there is a free carousel for kids. The fridges in the room are cold, we never had a problem with it being cold, except when we first arrived, but the bell boy who delivered are luggage went and got us very cold drinks until the fridge got cold. Nice resort, any other questions I'll be happy to answer.

Edited: 19 October 2013, 04:51
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
100 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few Iberostar Maya questions

I tried to re-edit but it wouldn't let me for some reason. I had a typo. Lol

>>>> I meant we never had a problem with the fridge being HOT, always cold except for the day we arrived.....

Edited: 19 October 2013, 04:56
Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few Iberostar Maya questions

The resort does not supply floats or toys at the pool, you will need to bring your own or purchase them onsite. They do have tubes for the lazy river however.

PA
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few Iberostar Maya questions

Thank you for all the help.

So there are not rafts for rent at the pool? Also, what is the best building to be in? Are there any bad views?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
100 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few Iberostar Maya questions

No floats to rent. They are free at the lazy river. No full ocean view rooms, we were in building 60 top floor, closest to the beach, we had a view of the mangrove trees and the grand, with a slight view of the ocean. I emailed the resort a week before and requested building 60 and our first night dinner reservations. I liked the location of building 60 but a good 10 minute walk to the lobby. Its a very large resort, the building you choose is up to what's important to you. Being close to the lobby or beach/pool. Also, you can call the front desk and request a golf cart to pick you up at your room and can also grab one to take you back, nice option.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,586 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few Iberostar Maya questions

Here is link to a map of the Lindo/Maya. Maybe this can help you decide on a building:

ib-board.com/iberostar_paraiso_maya_map.jpg

Chicago
Level Contributor
728 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A few Iberostar Maya questions

We are at the Maya now. You should bring some cheap floaties and leave them here when you leave. All of the restaurants we have been to have a little area of kid's food at the appetizer buffet, but we have not gone to the Japanese and the French restaurant does not allow children under 12. The last one we went to have a couple of kinds of pasta, tuna salad, really cute mini burgers and chicken fingers, and little cupcakes. The trick of feeding kids here is to keep them away from the sweets until after they get something good to eat.

There seem to be quite a few people with small children here and they all seem pretty happy. Some of the different foods here are so attractively presented that it might be a good lure for him to try some new things. My parents took me to Europe when I was 4 and I came back eating all kinds of new foods!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: A few Iberostar Maya questions

What is the pool temperature like right now? Easy to be in and use the swim up bar?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,488 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A few Iberostar Maya questions

emmalyne.......TA only allows us to edit a post once, and we have a 5 minute window in which to do so.....that's why you couldn't "re-edit" post #2

Edited: 24 October 2013, 19:08
Get answers to your questions about Playa Paraiso