We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family resort that compares with IB Grand Paraiso

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
346 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family resort that compares with IB Grand Paraiso

My hubby and I spent many, many, many vacations at the Grand for the past 5 years- after we arrived home from our most recent trip in May of 2012, we found out that we had a baby girl on the way ( ;) LOL! ). Anyways here we are a year later and one family member extra! We are ready to start traveling again but are devastated we cant return to the Grand for a long, long, long, long time :(. I was hoping one of you can suggest a resort, on any island, that compares to the Grand (all inclusive a must) where they will accept children. I need it to be on the same level if possible! I dont even know if one exists but I figured Id give it a shot! Thank you!!

OH and PS- we decided we could never stay at the Maya knowing our palace is next door and out of reach lol.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family resort that compares with IB Grand Paraiso

Take a look at Paradisus La Esmeralda. We have been to the Grand a number of times. Last year we took our adult children to the Paradisus sister resort La Perla and really enjoyed it. La Esmeralda shares a number of facilities and would be a nice place for a family. I hope this helps.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family resort that compares with IB Grand Paraiso

I forgot to mention that we stayed at the Iberostar Lindo with our kids a few years ago and the Paradisus was much nicer. The rooms are more modern and the food and drinks are much better.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,651 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family resort that compares with IB Grand Paraiso

Another option that may even surpass the IB Grand would be the Grand Velas.

Congrats on your new baby!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,268 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family resort that compares with IB Grand Paraiso

I also was going to recommend Grand Velas.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
592 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family resort that compares with IB Grand Paraiso

We have been to both Grand Velas and Iberostar Grand. Grand Velas is a step up from the Iberostar Grand. GV has a wonderful pool for toddlers.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
765 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family resort that compares with IB Grand Paraiso

I have never been to GV but have been to PLE and would highly recommend this resort. My husband and I have been to many great hotels and I took my grandkids here last summer. The service, amenities, and food are exceptional. Congrats on your new baby and have a great vacation.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family resort that compares with IB Grand Paraiso

You might also want to check out the Reserve section at the Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana. We haven't been (stayed next door at the Melia which is not as luxurious). Reserve @ PPR gets great reviews for families and the beach is gorgeous and water is flat calm so good for toddlers.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,041 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family resort that compares with IB Grand Paraiso

The Iberostar Paraiso Maya and LIndo are comparable but not adults only, food and service consistant with the Grand; another property we liked even better was the Riu Palace Riviera Maya and the Riu Palace Mexico, nice accommodations, great food and service and closer to town.

nj
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Family resort that compares with IB Grand Paraiso

Hi! I'm looking for the same thing too- hard to exactly what you want. We went to paradisus la esmeralda last year w our 13 mo old son. The resort is beautiful and modern. Great food and drinks too, But the beach is pretty bad (so narrow- there's no way a small child could play. There is barely room for loungers) and there are no ocean views from the resort grounds so you don't even feel like you're at the beach. I looked into Dreams riviera for this year which looks great for families except the beach there isn't the best either. Considering Grand Velas and Iberostar Maya too- might be too big for us though. Good luck and enjoy!! Vacationing with a baby is fun, but different!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
327 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family resort that compares with IB Grand Paraiso

I also second Grand Velas ambassador section ... All ocean view or ocean front huge suites and amazing food , service, pools. Also stayed at Paradisus Palma real in Punta Cana but not the reserve since it is so far back from the beach. It was gorgeous! Now going to Paradisus cancun end of November and hope it compares to PPR!