We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute travel tips/suggestions 4 Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Lawton, Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute travel tips/suggestions 4 Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Looking for last minute travel tips/suggestions for the IB Maya. We are going for my in-laws 50th anniversary. 8 adults, then an 18, 15, 10 and 8 year old!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...

-restaurants of choice?

-do we bring our own glasses...we did in PC and it was AWESOME (bigger drinks!)

-what about pool floats?

-excursions?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,553 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute travel tips/suggestions 4 Iberostar Paraiso Maya

If you want pool floats then yes, bring your own. They will have a few for the lazy river, but those stay there.

Excursions will depend on your family's interests, but there is so much to choose from.

They will fill your own mugs/glasses so if you wish to do that go ahead. Many do that also.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute travel tips/suggestions 4 Iberostar Paraiso Maya

My favorite restaurant by far was the Seafood. Cajun at Lindo was a close second. Also (and this is personal preference) much preferred hanging out at Lindo Lobby bar in the evenings vs Maya Snake bar. We loved the outdoor tables at the Lindo lobby bar. There are tables outside Snake Bar (kind of hidden out back) but there is no waitress service out there like there is at the Lindo and the atmosphere outside at Lindo is much better.

Not necessarily an excursion but we LOVED the Jungle Spa in Puerto Morelos. Drill down to my review.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,673 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute travel tips/suggestions 4 Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Email the resort about a week to ten days before you arrive and make your first few restaurant reservations. You will have a concierge in your building to make reservations once you arrive.

rplindo.maya@iberostar.com.mx

Make sure you visit the extra places to eat at the Commercial Center. There is a burger place, taco place, ice cream and crepe place. All are part of your all inclusive.

Chicago
Level Contributor
728 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute travel tips/suggestions 4 Iberostar Paraiso Maya

We were at the Maya in October. The one thing that I wish I had brought was some chapstick or one of those Vaseline tubes for lips. The water in the pool is very salty - their alternative to chlorine, and my lips started to sting and then split. I eventually bought a large tub of Vaseline and just used that. If I had known that I would have this problem, I would have started using it before I went into the pool.

5. Re: Last minute travel tips/suggestions 4 Iberostar Paraiso Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:18