We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Paraiso Maya

This is our first time at this resort in the Mayan and we have a few questions if someone who has been recently and can help us out that would be great.

Is there a DVD player in the room?

Is wifi available in the room? If so, is there a charge?

Are water shoes needed at the beach?

We are travelling with a large group and also have a 3.5 year old child travelling with us, so if you have any helpful tips they would be greatly appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
337 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya

We are going in feb. I understand that there are DVD players yes.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya

You do not need water shoes.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,730 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya

The IB Maya has DVD players in the rooms. They also have wifi throughout the resort. I know it's free in the lobby, not sure if there's a charge to use it in the room.

Chicago
Level Contributor
728 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Re: wifi: I think that there is supposed to be a charge in the rooms, but depending on where your room is situated, you can get the wifi which can be accessed by the pool and up into the lobby, in your room. We stayed between the pool and the lobby on the ground floor and it was accessible to us in the room at no charge. If you stay in a room facing the pool, I would bet you can get it on your balcony at least.

You might want to ask for a building closer to the beach (I can't remember the #'s), since I know there is one with a quiet pool right off the main pool area. Although the main pool is beautiful and large and they have a "water park" type area with lots of slides and squirty things, with a little one, you might want to have some quiet time in the afternoon.

Also, although the lobby has a very nice breakfast area, if you want a huge variety, try the Lindo buffet for breakfast. We found that we preferred the Maya's poolside restaurant for breakfast and lunch. Be sure to bring a coverup for both you and your little one for lunch/breakfast since we saw lots of people turned away from the Maya poolside restaurant for trying to wear just their bathing suits. Be sure to go down to the beach grill and try the horchada which they have at lunch. If you haven't had it, it's a sweetened rice drink that tastes like rice pudding.

Edited: 27 December 2013, 23:58
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Thanks so much for all the tips, we truly appreciate it. We can't wait to go :-)

6. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:17