We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindo and Children

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
140 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Lindo and Children

I have been to the Mexican Iberostar complex 4 times but never with a child. This October we are taking my then 7 year old with us. My husband keeps telling me that he is not keen on the idea of leaving her in the kids club. I personally think she would love it. She is a high energy kid and I am trying to remember some things we can do with her. What has kept your children busy?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,286 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindo and Children

She would probably love the kids club. Maybe your husband can go check it out when you get there and that could change his mind?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,513 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindo and Children

I totally agree with Schmerl. If you all 3 go and check it out and see how she likes it she may want to stay with out you. And, surely if she is comfortable your husband would be too.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
140 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindo and Children

She would have NO problems staying, she loves that sort of thing. My husband on the other hand doesn't feel safe leaving her..... Not sure how I can sway him. How does it work, I think he is concerned about security.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindo and Children

When we went several years ago, my daughter (first grader back then) loved the kids club. As parents of an only child, we are the very over-protective type. We checked the place out and hung around a bit. We then felt confident enough to leave her and parked ourselves at an area by the pool just outside the kids club. We would periodically peek in and check on her and she was loving it and having a great time. Our now 6th grader still has the craft she made from back then (lovely little personalized bottle with layered coloured sand and shells) displayed on her dresser in her room. When we told her we were going back to the same resort (we actually stayed at the IP Beach last time and this time will be at the IP Lindo), the first thing out of her mouth was - "I so want to go back to the kids club". When you see how good the girls who run these clubs are - you will feel confident to leave your child. Have a great vacay.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,286 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindo and Children

What is his concern? Does he think she would be kidnapped? There are adults supervising the activities so safety should be no more of an issue than when you send her off to school. Thousands of children spend time at the kids clubs all year and I haven't heard of any real problems.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
140 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindo and Children

He can be a tad overprotective. He isn't happy that parents do not have pagers or any alert system in place. On our last trip we actually saw several kids walk away from the club and no one noticed.

texas
Level Contributor
168 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindo and Children

Dreams has an excellent kids club and they give you phones.

NY
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindo and Children

I was just there at Christmas and during the hot afternoon I left my children to watch a movie in the kids club. They could get out of the sun and there were no english speaking channels on tv in the room. I was comfortable if they didn't leave the kids club. However, they take the kids everywhere..to the beach, pool, meals, etc. I'm more like your husband on this one as I felt comfortable if they were doing a craft or watching a movie, but I didn't want them wandering around the resort with them. They star friends were wonderful but the resort was SO big that I felt if something happened, they would never find me. Just preference and what you are comfortable with because who wants to stress on vacation. To be honest, we were very disappointed that this resort did not have any lifeguards at any of the pools and depending on how tall your seven year old is, the water may be over their head. You might want to prepare for that and bring flotation devices. They were selling them for $20 a tube at the store so we were glad we brought our own.

9. Re: Lindo and Children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 05:18