We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wheelchair access

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
50 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
wheelchair access

I have booked to visit the maya I'm May and I had thought all accommodation blocks had lifts however I have seen several forum comments that refer to the stairs being a problem. If you know the resort please reassure me that there are lifts at the maya

thanks

2nasus

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wheelchair access

Iberostar Maya? No lifts....

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,606 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wheelchair access

Pretty rare to find elevators in the area, all in all. However it's quite common to find places with "Maya" in their name, so you might want to clarify with the full name of the one you are asking about.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: wheelchair access

The Iberostar Maya does have elevators in all the buildings along with stairs. There are also a handful of wheelchair friendly rooms, a boardwalk on the beach and a few palapas that are connected to the boardwalk and reserved for wheelchairs.

If you were referring to the RM in general than it's more hit or miss.

nik

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
50 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wheelchair access

Thank you -yes I had meant iberostar maya.

5. Re: wheelchair access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 06:19