We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar grand paraiso buffet - king crab

L L
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar grand paraiso buffet - king crab

Hi! We heard there was king crab at the buffet. Wondering if this was every night or only a certain night of the week. We wanted to plan our dinners & excursions around it! :)

Hanover, New...
Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar grand paraiso buffet - king crab

They had huge piles of the king crab legs at the Wednesday night-International buffet. IMO the best buffet night!

Edited: 20 April 2014, 11:53
Boston
Level Contributor
147 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar grand paraiso buffet - king crab

We've been here since last Friday and they have had king crab, stone crab ,lobster tails and shrimp at the las brisas restaurant every afternoon .Haven't seen it at the evening Buffett yet. The weather is also fantastic and they just added a putting green in front of the main dining area,doing a lot of painting etc,the resort looks great.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,521 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar grand paraiso buffet - king crab

Islandmom-check back on Wednesday night at the buffet. That's usually the big International buffet with the large offering of crab.

That's good to know about the putting green. Still cant really picture a putting green right there by the pool in front of the main dining room, but hopefully can see it one day.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar grand paraiso buffet - king crab

Texas, they started the putting green back in December and I was told it would be done soon, love the Mexican version of "soon" :)

It is a strange place but I don't know where else they could put it especially if they want to incorporate into the pool games.

I'll let you know how it looks in a bit over 18 days and 18 hours.

nik

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,521 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar grand paraiso buffet - king crab

Nik-you are making me insanely jealous!

I remember you and a few others reporting that it was coming but since no one had mentioned its completion its nice to know its finished. Glad I'm not the only one that thought it was an odd place for a putting green.

Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar grand paraiso buffet - king crab

That buffet sounds amazing, and I don't like buffets :) That will be a big selling point to get my husband to agree to a trip to the Grand!

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar grand paraiso buffet - king crab

Texas, I wondered what happened to it as well since no one ever said anything about in the forum or in a review.

nik

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,695 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar grand paraiso buffet - king crab

I feel like I'm the only one always asking this, but Nik, can you check and see if they still have the Dutch shuffleboard game?

I have so much fun beating my husband at this game.

Boston
Level Contributor
147 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar grand paraiso buffet - king crab

We just cancelled our reservation for the Italian restaurant tomorrow night, going to the International buffet instead. With the exception of Tony's Surf & Turf and the Japanese we think the buffets stack up pretty well most nights.The resort has been at fairly low capacity all week,we met two couples who received a free upgrade from the Lindo and they both had no idea how big an upgrade it was until we told them.neither couple requested an upgrade to the Grand , it was offered and they accepted? The Star kids just told us that there are 90 new guests coming in Thursday and another 100 on Friday.Thus far the towel game has been non-existent all week we'll see if it changes on Friday and Saturday.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar grand paraiso buffet - king crab

October if I remember I'll check, after finding out what Dutch shuffleboard is first. But maybe Island can check now for you.

nik