We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Royale

Melton Mowbray...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
El Dorado Royale

We are staying at the El Dorado Royale at the start of June for 2 weeks.

Have been reading the reviews and there does not seem to be a lot mentioned about the entertainment during the day or the night.

Is there any, is it any good, where is it?

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
306 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado Royale

Yes there is. Sometimes it is at Gucamayas, sometimes its indoors near the lobby. Karaoke contests (I almost won last year--I was robbed), fire shows, cirque-type shows, bands, etc. Not the greatest but definitely not bad. EDR is a romantic, couples type of place generally, though singles and groups can be seen and appear to have fun. If you want hard core nightlife of dancing and clubs, etc. then stay in Cancun. But there is always something going on at night at EDR. We'll just miss you...going in early July.

Melton Mowbray...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado Royale

Thanks Siulaw,

That's excellent, just the type of stuff we were hoping for, definately not looking for hard core nighlife.

I too was robbed at Karaoke a couple of years back at Playacar, by an 8 year old girl, think she got the cute vote!

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Dorado Royale

DPG - I commiserate with you on being robbed at karaoke...its happened to me all over the caribbean.

The TV in your room will show a programme of what's on and where.

It is also posted on boards around the complex ( the best one is near JoJo's restaurant)

There are lots of daytime activities ranging from cooking lessons through to air rifle shooting,bike tours and beach and pool volleyaball.

I was part of the victorious English male water volley ball team that detsroyed USA Ladies (U 16 )!

I have done loads of AI's across the caribbean and this is probably the best in terms of standard and overall value .The food is simply superb - proper 5 star.

Melton Mowbray...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Dorado Royale

Thanks Steven,

looking forward to our first visit to EDR - 5 weeks this Friday.

chesterfield
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Dorado Royale

Might see you, we arrive on 27th May for 2 weeks,

Melton Mowbray...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Dorado Royale

Don't drink all the margaritta's - leave some for me.

Enjoy!

chesterfield
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Dorado Royale

Will do, have a safe journey

8. Re: El Dorado Royale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:15