We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar...help pleasee

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar...help pleasee

Hi all!

Myselg & 3 other people aging from 24-30 will be traveling from Baltimore, MD to Mexico in the beginning of November for 4 nights, 2 bedrooms.

I have been looking @ the Iberostar Resorts & they all look so much fun.

Just wanted to get some recommandations

which resort is the cheapest?

what resort is a lot of fun & night entertainment?

what resort would you choose?

are these resorts stay at 1 play at all?

any help would be great

thanks so much!

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar...help pleasee

The Grand is the only resort which gives you access to the entire complex. It is also the most upscale and most expensive. It's usually an older crowd.

The next best is the Maya which will give you access to all resorts except the Grand.

The Lindo is the next best with access to all resorts except the Grand/Maya.

The cheapest 2 are the Beach and Del Mar which gives you access to each others resort.

All 5 resorts have access to the shopping complex.

All resorts have nightly entertainment.

I would purchase the most expensive one that's within your budget.

Newburyport...
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar...help pleasee

We stayed at the Lindo in April. This would be the middle of the road in price. Del Mar & Beach would be cheaper, Maya more expensive and Grand the top $. Access is based on where you stay, Grand can use all, Maya all but Grand, Lindo all but Grand & Maya. At Beach or Del Mar you will only be able to use the facilities they share and nothing at the Lindo, Maya or Grand. Beach/Del Mar have their own bars & theatre but all 5 share the disco out in the shopping area. My group of 6 had four 20-25 yr olds and they loved the Lindo. They really liked the activity at the lobby bar and went each night. They even liked the nightly shows much more than I thought they would. We used some of the facilities at the Beach/Del Mar and they probably would have been just as happy there as at the Lindo.

Newburyport...
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar...help pleasee

Also, here's a really nice pic album Gordon M a frequent traveler to the IB Paraiso properties posted in his Maya review. It has a nice property map at the end which he made that will give you an idea of the layout of the different properties.

https:/…

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar...help pleasee

The layout of the 5 resorts is well visualized here: wikimapia.org/…b

My recent photo album from late March is here:

http://jamesmartin.phanfare.com/6470420

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar...help pleasee

There is also the Tucan and the Quetzal but, they are not in the same location as the other 5.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
553 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar...help pleasee

Lindo/Maya guests are entitled to a la carte restaurants for every night of the stay. For Beach/Del Mar the a la carte restaurants are not available for every night of the stay. (For example, it might be 3 a la carte restaurants for dinner for a 7 night stay. I am not sure of the number.) Buffets are always available for dinner at all of the resorts. One of our favorite meals was at the Brazillian restaurant, which was located at the Beach or Del Mar resort.

When we were there in December, I felt the Beach/Del Mar seemed to have a younger vibe than the Lindo/Maya. There seemed to be more young adults (20s) hanging around the pool bar and participating in a Star Friends activities at the Beach/Del Mar, compared to the Lindo/Maya, which seemed to be more families and adults a little older (40s). Beach/Del Mar pools seemed more active/lively compared to the Lindo/Maya pool which seemed more relaxed. More people seemed to eagerly participate in pool activities hosted by the Star Friends at the Beach/Del Mar compared with the Lindo/Maya where the Star Friends tried to recruit people for pool activities.

We enjoyed our stay at the Maya and also visiting the pools of the Beach/Del Mar. Friends with teens stayed at the Beach and Del Mar and everyone had a great time. Whatever resort you choose, you will enjoy Iberostar!

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
40 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar...help pleasee

This is really, really helpful. Thanks. I am trying to plan a holiday trip for my extended family (23 of us) from grandparents down to 6 years old. My six kids are 12 - 18 yrs. old. This looks like it might be a good option for us because there would be a lot of things to do and places for them to explore around the resort. We were at Beaches, Turks & Caicos, several years ago. Anyone who's been to both this Iberostar complex and to Beaches T&C who can compare the relative size?

p.s. (I have been warned that nowhere we're considering is as nice as Beaches T&C, so we're trying to have realistic expectations as far as that is concerned.)

8. Re: Iberostar...help pleasee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2015, 05:16