We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants at Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Colorado
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants at Iberostar Paraiso Maya

We are staying a short 4 nights at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya. This is our first all-inclusive ever! Since it is such a short stay and we are spending a small fortune, I would like to make sure we book the very best restaurants (preferably at our hotel instead of at the sister hotels.) We have already been told that the Japanese restaurant is excellent and will have at least one dinner there. Please let me know if there are any others that you have tried and LOVED! I love good food and don't want to waste calories any food that is just OK. Thanks so very much. If you have any other tips for our trip, please let me know.

Missouri
Level Contributor
53 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants at Iberostar Paraiso Maya

We just returned from 6 days at the Maya on June 30th. We ate at El Rancho (the steak restaurant) and loved it so much we booked it a second time. However the second time was not nearly as good as the first. So there can be an inconsistency in how good the restaurants are. We also enjoyed El Marina (the seafood restaurant) and LaGeisha (Japanese). At the Japanese restaurant, the food was wonderful and everyone enjoyed it, but we all felt rushed to finish each course. They were grabbing your plates before you were done We loved the resort though! Have a wonderful time!

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,098 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants at Iberostar Paraiso Maya

I liked the Japanese and the Gourmet. I would encourage you to reconsider not going to any restaurants at the other hotels because the Cajun at the Lindo is very good. I liked it much better than the Steakhouse or Seafood restaurant at the Maya.

Colorado
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants at Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Thanks. Do you know if I can book restaurants for the whole trip on my first day there, or do I have to do it daily for that night? Can't wait to try the Japanese!

Colorado
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants at Iberostar Paraiso Maya

OK. Good to know. I will definitely re-consider. Not having been there, I might be surprised how easy it is to transport to the sister hotels.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,065 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants at Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Yes, you can book all of the restaurants for your whole trip at once.......no need to go back daily - your building concierge will take care of it for you........

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants at Iberostar Paraiso Maya

You can book 3 in advance (via email) the rest you can do in person.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,407 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants at Iberostar Paraiso Maya

The Maya and Lindo are right next to each other. It is no problem at all to get to the Lindo to enjoy dinner at the Cajun restaurant.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
13 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants at Iberostar Paraiso Maya

If you wouldn't mind providing the e-mail address you use to reserve at the Maya; I would greatly appreciate it.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants at Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Email address: rplindo.maya@iberostar.com.mx

Typical response:

We would like to inform you that the dinner sitting times for the restaurants are as follows:

El Cajun Jambalaya 6:00, 7:00, 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.

El Museo Gourmet (kids over 12 years old & adults only) 6:00, 7:00, 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.

El Hashiru Japanese 6:30, 7:00, 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.

El Fogon Mediterranean 6:00, 7:00, 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.

El Fogon Steakhouse 6:00, 7:00, 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.

El Tapatio Mexican 6:00, 7:00, 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.

La Marina Seafood (exclusive for Maya hotel) 6:00, 7:00, 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.

El Rancho Steakhouse (exclusive for Maya hotel) 6:00, 7:00, 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.

L`Etoile Gourmet (kids over 12 years old & adults only and exclusive for Maya hotel) 6:00, 7:00, 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.

La Geisha Japanese (exclusive for Maya hotel) 6:00, 7:00, 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.

(Due to hotel policy we only can make up to 3 dinner reservations in advance. The remainder of the dinner reservations can be made with your concierge upon arrival. Thank for your understanding.)

10. Re: Restaurants at Iberostar Paraiso Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 07:16