We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking at Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Policies and Layout?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
768 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking at Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Policies and Layout?

Could somebody who smokes and who has recently stayed at the IGP, please Message me and let me know what the Iberostar policies are at the IGP? I know the smoking laws in Mexico concerning smoking in outdoor areas only, but would like to know if smoking on balconies is permitted and what the layout of the Grand is in terms of somebody wanting to enjoy a coffee and a cigarette at outdoor bars and the pool area etc. I generally smoke my e cigarette anyway but I still enjoy a regular smoke and a coffee and brandy in the evenings particularly and with my morning coffee.

I ask for the PM only because I noticed a number of arguments between smokers and non smokers in older threads, that really do not provide anything more than opinions on the effect of smoking on non smokers and actually provide nothing for the people who are asking pretty simple questions. This way, the smokers among you can remain anonymous without all the blowback from others!

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,132 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking at Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Policies and Layout?

I am a former smoker.

You can smoke on your balcony.

You can smoke at the swim up bar.

There is not outside bar per se; there is a small covered area outside of the lobby bar that has cushioned seats and some ashtrays.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking at Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Policies and Layout?

There is also the cigar bar area off the lobby.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
768 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking at Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Policies and Layout?

Thank you very much to sassypants and Nik for the straightforward answers!

Do either of you know whether there is a Cafe' or Coffee Bar anywhere on the Iberostar property(s) that serves Lattes, Cappuccino or Espresso, similar to the Royal Resorts ? I know there is one at SMB but I saw a vague reference to such near the main lobby for Iberostar near the entrance to the Resort(s).

Also, I am assuming that most people order pastries and coffee from Room Service in the AM, but can you also order a full "American Breakfast" of bacon and eggs?

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking at Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Policies and Layout?

In the Maya lobby there is a cafe:

…phanfare.com/images/10308069_6470420_211149…

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
768 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking at Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Policies and Layout?

Isn't that the Timmy's in Burlington?

Thanks James - greatly appreciated!

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking at Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Policies and Layout?

Oh i wish it had palm trees outside of it. It's next to the Cigar bar and both share the same outside patio style seating..

…phanfare.com/6470420#imageID=211149749

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,127 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking at Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Policies and Layout?

The lobby bar which is open 24 hours makes coffees, lattes, etc. they have pastries there as well. You can get eggs, omelettes, waffles, etc from room service.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
768 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking at Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Policies and Layout?

Thank you actran. It takes a while sifting through photos and I finally found your room service menu from your blog. I noticed there was no bacon or ham or sausage, but that is not a big deal.. Coffee and a few pastries and then off later for a full breakfast is more typical of what I would do anyway.

@ James - yeah, I don't remember seeing any palm trees outside my mom's apartment in Burlington and none at my brother's house either so I guess that I have to trust that it isn't Timmy's ...LOL

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking at Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Policies and Layout?

You can get bacon. Not sure about the sausage or ham. You can get a full breakfast delivered. My husband and I normally ask for an order of something sweet, like pancakes, and an American breakfast, and we split it.

If it's something you really want, just ask though. If there is ham or sausage there, I'm sure they can get it for you.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
768 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking at Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Policies and Layout?

Thank You OctoberLuver. It is good to know that they have bacon for room service.