We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Mitsis Ramira Beach Kos

Which Psalidi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Co Durham
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Questions about Mitsis Ramira Beach Kos

Hi everyone, we're going to this hotel in mid Sept. Apologies of these questions have already been answered - I've done a search but can't find many rplies.

1) Is there a money exchange on site or is it best to go into Kos to change money?

2) Is the mini bar restocked in the standard rooms? Alot of the reviews mention that theirs was restocked but its not clear whether the reviewers were in a standard or a superior room?

3) What is the quality of the wine (red/rose and white) available on the AI package? Are there a few different brands to choose from or are there only local wines available?

4) What is the quality of the spirits available? Are there international brands or just local brands to choose from?

5) Do they stock low calorie mixers e.g. coke diet/zero, slimline tonic etc?

6) Can men go into restaurants in 3/4 length tailored trousers or do they have to wear full length trousers?

7) I've read some worrying reviews that it's really difficult to get a sunbed on a morning. Is this just during the GB school holidays or all of the time?

8) We were thinking of hiring push bikes to cycle to the volcanic beach (Therma sp?). Is this reasonable (I'm not a regularl cyclist) or could we catch a local bus instead?

Thanks in advance

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,567 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Mitsis Ramira Beach Kos

Sorry, can only answer your last question, but maybe someone else will see it now it's back at the top of the pile.

Cycle hire is very cheap in Kos, and a really good way of getting around. There are cycle lanes all the way into Kos Town and out the other side - and it's flat all the way.

However, if you are not a regular cyclist, you may find the ride to Therma a bit more challenging. There are a couple of hills on the way, not particularly steep, but quite long. The bus may be a better bet, you can get it from the junction near the Ramira Beach.

Noe that only some of the buses (about 1 in every 3 or 4) go to Therma. Even so, I seem to remember they are about every 30 minutes or so, someone else may have better info on that.

Gateshead, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Mitsis Ramira Beach Kos

Don't know about the money as we took cash. The mini bar is restocked every 2 days in all rooms. You get a 375ml bottle of rose wine, 2 beers, 8 soft drinks, soda water and mineral water.

We only had white wine, which was quite nice for an all inclusive. It was served to the table in jugs so you didn't need pour yourself a glass from a tap as you sometimes need to do in these places. Same with the beer although the glasses aren't much bigger than wine glasses!! If you dine in the Chinese (nice) and Italian (not as nice) restaurant you are give a wine list of other bottles you can buy. We never as the all inclusive option was nice enough.

I am not sure about the spirits as I don't drink them but there were plenty of spirit bottles behind the bar (approx 30 various varieties). Never asked for low calorie soft drinks or mixers so don't know if they stock them.

With regards the dress code, I wore 3/4 style trousers every night, as did the majority of other guests. A few even wore dress shorts even though there is a sign on the notice board outside the restaurant door which states no shorts. Most men wore shirts but on occasions I wore a t- shirts as did others and this never seemed to cause an issue.

The sunbeds were the main issue when we were away (last 2 weeks of school holidays). We heard stories when we arrived of 5am "booking" of sunbeds around the main pool. We were lucky that we requested the smaller pool which let us lie in to around 7am before needing to do the towel run. During our second week we noticed that the beds were free for longer and you could usually get one at around 9 am. This could be because the pool attendant would put notices on beds that were reserved but not occupied. Also the occupancy was 1400 people on our middle Saturday but only 700 when we left. Friends of ours went last year at the end of september and had no problems getting a sunbed ar any time of day so you should be fine. The sunbeds on the beach were usually free for longer and we noticed that there were usually vacated beds in good positions on the beach during the afternoon. Make sure you take beach shoes though as the beach is not what you would call sandy.

Not sure about the thermal spa, cycled to Kos one day but that was about as far as I would go. There are bus stops both ways just outside the hotel gates and timetables on the notice board next to reception.

Hope this helps.

Gateshead, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Mitsis Ramira Beach Kos

Any more questions just let me know

Edited: 05 September 2012, 19:21
Co Durham
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Mitsis Ramira Beach Kos

Thanks Steve & Graeme your replies, they were really helpful. One final question, what are the hairdryers like in the room? Are they just the small travel hairdryers or more standard one with a thin nozzle for drying straight hair. Apologies for the "girly type question", but needs must I'm afraid!

Thanks again!

Gateshead, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Mitsis Ramira Beach Kos

My wife wasn't impressed with the hair dryer which is fixed to the wall in the bathroom, might be worthwhile taking your own.

Co Durham
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about Mitsis Ramira Beach Kos

Will do thanks again for your advice!

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about Mitsis Ramira Beach Kos

Hi, does anyone know the difference between the normal and superior room? I was wondering if there was a separate section in the superior room or is that just in the family rooms?

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about Mitsis Ramira Beach Kos

Hi, please can someone tell me what the difference is between the standard rooms and the superior rooms. Thanks

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about Mitsis Ramira Beach Kos

Hiya, I can't help you myself but I'm hoping someone will be able to explain the difference between the superior room and the superior family room. I think there are three grades of room altogether at this place. I'm booked into a superior with 2 kiddies and wondering if it's worth paying the extra for the upgrade :)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions about Mitsis Ramira Beach Kos

We hired Bikes for the day and cycled into Kos town in the morning and the thermal springs in the afternoon.

there are quite steep hills on the way to the Springs and as we had not been on cycles for a long time as we are 60 and 61 years old we found it hard going.Pushed the cycles up some of the hills.It took us about a hour

to get there.A lot easier coming back,We also tried the bus which gets you there in no time and quite cheap. Hope this helps.

Get answers to your questions about Psalidi
Recent Conversations