We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Psalidi

Which Psalidi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth
11 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Psalidi

Hi,

I am off to the Oceanis for our honeymoon on 11th May and soooo cannot wait! I have heard such fantastic reviews. One thing I was wondering is, if I didnt want to book excursions through our holiday company, does anyone know whether there is a good bus service/taxi's etc to go out and about on our own?

Thanks

Natalie

manchester
Level Contributor
209 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Psalidi

Hi, there is a regular bus service into Kos Town from Psalidi. From Kos Town you can get buses to different places. There are lots of taxis too... There are also little tourist trains in Kos Town which you can take for a short tour of various places of interest...You can also book boat trips from the harbour if you wish to as well.

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding and have a fabulous honeymoon.

Jan

Plymouth
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Psalidi

Thankyou Jan, we can't wait. Are the taxi's, buses etc reasonably priced. We were looking to hire a car for 2 days which will cost us about £70. If its cheaper to do the local transport then we will do that.

manchester
Level Contributor
209 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Psalidi

We were last on Kos in 2011 and yes bus prices reasonable... Cheap compared to Manchester! Not sure about taxi prices, but don't think they're too bad from what I've read on here... I'm sure a DE or other forum member will let you know about whether car hire is your best option or not; as I don't drive abroad...too nervous. We're going back in August and I'll be using the bus and taxis to get out and about...We can't wait either... :-))

Jan

Edited: 16 April 2013, 21:12
Plymouth
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Psalidi

Ahh I will look into it. Thank you for your help. I must admit I'm a bit nervous about going out and about on our own. Even buses worry me. Your holiday will be hear before you know it. I have been waiting 7mths for our honeymoon! :-)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Psalidi

Hi there

A car is definitely the way to go. You should easily find a small car ( Peugeot 107, Toyota Aygo, etc) for €25 a day, so about forty four quid for two days' hire. It's quicker, more convenient, you can stop when you like, fit more into the day and carry whatever you like with you. Kos is a small island - you can drive from one end to the other in an hour and once away from Kos Town, there's little traffic. There's really just the one main road, that runs north/south via the airport, and several offshoots to different resorts and villages. Stories of "crazed" Greek driving are exaggerated and as long as you take your time, you'll be fine.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,458 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Psalidi

I agree, get a car for a few days. From Psalidi you can by-pass the centre of Kos Town by taking the back road which is like a ring road.

Other options:

hire a pushbike for a few days. There are thousand and thousands of bikes in Kos Town, and loads of cycle paths, and bikes are very cheap to hire - from €3 a day. If you are at all used to cycling, you can easily get as far as Tigaki along flat roads, using cycle paths till you are a couple of miles the other side of Kos Town.

If you do want to book excursions, there are also lots of travel shops dotted about, where you will be able to book exactly the same excursions for probably about 25% less than with your rep.

You can book boat trips direct with the boats - walk round Kos harbour at night and they will all be there.

The town and country buses are both very efficient and reliable, and it is easy to go to more or less anywhere on the island using buses. The bus station in town for the island buses is about 5-8 minutes walk inland from the nearest end of the harbour from where you are.

7. Re: Travel from Psalidi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Psalidi
Recent Conversations