We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

couples only concept.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
couples only concept.

As someone who loves Couples only holidays I thought I would post this as my guideline to "will it suit you"

First off...Research is key. If it says Low key entertainment..then you ain't getting "Status Quo" blaring every night. You wont have manic animation teams blowing whistles and playing beach leap frog whilst drunk as skunks.

Most are AI. This caters for lots of nationalities, different likes, wants and needs. You are not going to get lobster thermadore every night, but for the ones who moan about the choice...I query the choice they have at home? Bet they don't have 30 different desserts..and go back for thirds..whilst complaining of course.

Private pools. These are private for the room you have been allocated for the duration of your holiday. Private meaning for your use only..they are not isolated away from other guests who may pass by your room..if it is total privacy you want..book a villa.

Beach. If it says pebble, stoney, narrow or shale. Then don't write a review about beaches being shingle..not Sandy wide sweeping glorious beach. The clue is in the description. Disappointment is only if you think descriptions are there as a joke.

Quiet location means just that.

So, I am returning to the Oceanis Adults Only hotel for our third visit in September. It is glorious. It suits us because our darlings have flown the nest. We are in our mid 50's, we love the no kids around concept. We can do what we want when we want without listening to kids crying, screaming etc. We can enjoy the company of like minded people and join in the activities that are on offer each and every day. Yes it is low key, Greek evening,Asian fire eaters, Black and White evening,Friday bar b q, Film night with popcorn. Resident musician.

During the day, cookery lessons, spa taster days, cocktail making, dance and Greek lessons. Yoga and crazy golf. All advertised on the notice boards so there for you. If you don't move from your loungers to look...pah..don't then complain.

Yes of course nothing is perfect nothing suits everyone all the time, but if you want to chill out, be yourself, have a laugh a dance and meet wonderful people, then book. If you want in your face 24 hour entertainment where the staff are just big kids with no class..then book something else.

Be aware, people do laugh after midnight at these hotels, lift doors open, people clip clip past your room or private pool room, and sometimes are a little worse for wear, but it is their holiday too. Go on live a little, stay up til 10 pm.

The staff are amazing incredible people. I salute their dedication, which at times is humbling.

Roll on September. Couples only here we come.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,023 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: couples only concept.

Some good advice there, which I'm sure will be useful for many.

But to me sounds like my worst nightmare!!!

It's a good job we're all different. ;)

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: couples only concept.

Hiya Steve

Yep we are all different...although we always go AI, I should have added a footnote...

Get out from your hotel, if in kos..visit the harbour,do a boat trip, hire a bike, see the Therma springs. Walk down Kanari street..visit Delons bar. Take a ferry to Bodrum or Turgetreis in Turkey..(castle of St. Peter in bodrum) closed Monday. Get out, see the country you are visiting. AI is fabulous for everything on tap, but so is meeting the local people, and you are not super glued to that Sun lounger.

Happy holidays, whatever your choice.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
893 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: couples only concept.

Shirley, COUNT US IN.!!!!!!!

You have hit the nail right on the head ! We absolutely love the Thomson Couples concept, having done 4 of this type of holiday already ! Roll on September for number 5, See you there . Cheers Tel

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: couples only concept.

Oh yes..Tel

See you both soon.

X

Washington, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: couples only concept.

Well said Shirley!

I totally agree with all of the above

Lesley

x

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: couples only concept.

Cheers Lesley.

You are the Oceanis person to follow. You and your honest reviews got me hooked.

Have you made a decision on September yet?

We are returning next June...booking as soon as Tony knows the dates he not working abroad. See I am a groupie.

See you soon hopefully.

Shirley. X

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: couples only concept.

Well said for the Couples Hotels! How right you are. ENJOY!!

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: couples only concept.

Hi there MAGGDAAR

I think you will be just leaving as we arrive.....do you go beginning of September? If I am right some other friends of ours will be there at roughly the same time, and I am sure Tel (see above) and his lovely wife Sue will come over and say "Hello" It is their first time at the Oceanis too..............so be gentle with them...ha ha ha.

You will love it.

Take care, and hopefully bump into you next season.

Shirley x

Edited: 26 June 2013, 14:28
Waddesdon, United...
Level Contributor
671 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: couples only concept.

totally agree with everything that is being said.

We went to a yoga class, there was only three of u,s me ,my better half and the person doing it.

But we enjoyed it, it was great. Like you say its there if you want to have a go and if you don't, well don't complain. It was relaxed enjoyable and not something I have done before.

I cant wait to get back there as the reviews are great as usual.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: couples only concept.

Exactamundo Mark

I did the cookery lessons and yoga. I also did learn Greek..cocktail making and quoits. Loved it. Sometimes only 5 of us turned up...and then you would get the numpties complaining on their reviews that there is nothing...that is why I started the thread.

People can do what they want, but don't blame the hotel if they can't be bothered to see what is on offer.

Soap box away.

Get packing kid. X

Get answers to your questions about Psalidi
Recent Conversations