We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest Review on the Oceanis

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
893 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Latest Review on the Oceanis

I do not usually comment on other peoples reviews on Trip Advisor as everyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether you agree with them or not . However I felt I couldnt let the last review of the Oceanis go ( PJR019) without saying something ! If the reviewer is refering to Antonis , the Maitre D , then I totally disagree with the comments . I think he is a lovely, charming man who goes out of his way to try and talk to EVERY guest in the dining room at some stage during meal times ! He is always on the go and even has time to clear tables as well, a real bundle of energy. He treats you all as his friends and I have never seen him ' suck up ' to people buying wine in the dining room . I found the review quite offensive as Im sure will many other people who have praised him on here in the past !

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest Review on the Oceanis

Absolutely.

I too believe that everyone is entitled to an opinion, and regardless of how many times we have stayed at the Oceanis, we understand completely that others do find things to critique, which, of course is their prerogative.

However, to call someone, and I quote "a dick" and sucking up to those purchasing wine!!!!! Is to quote me, Shirley, "complete bollocks"

A more charismatic man I have yet to meet, a man who works 15 hour days, explaining what every Greek dish is to newcomers, fetches, carries, speaks numerous languages, and believe me I'm sure he would love to speak a few choice words in his language, at some of the moaning, ungracious Malaka's who take great pleasure in being sour faced and miserable.

Fair enough if you don't like someone, Jesus, I would have gone mad with all the people who aren't keen on me, but, to be offensive and personal about someone who genuinely cares, is, in my opinion unfair.

This review is not a true overview.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
893 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest Review on the Oceanis

Well said, in fact Antonis is one of the reasons we returned to the Oceanis this year for our second visit ! He leads by example and all the staff behave in the same manner to make you feel 'Special' ! We will definatly be returning to the Oceanis in future and this is in the main due to the wonderful 'Customer Service ' we received from Antonis and the rest of his team !

Edited: 12 July 2014, 09:16
Waddesdon, United...
Level Contributor
663 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest Review on the Oceanis

I would totally agree with the comments ny Terry and Shirley.

Antonis is the heart beat of this hotel and never met such a genuine man. His customer service is second to none and the reason we are going back for our third year in a row.if the reviewer fekt so strongly he could have spoken to Patty who is always there to listen to guests.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
893 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest Review on the Oceanis

Mark, you are right Antonis is the ' heartbeat ' of the hotel , what a lovely way of describing him ! Hopefully the review in question will be ignored or removed altogether now for being offensive !

Waddesdon, United...
Level Contributor
663 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest Review on the Oceanis

Antonis is the heart beat of this hotel and never met such a genuine man. His customer service is second to none and the reason we are going back for our third year in a row.if the reviewer fekt so strongly he could have spoken to Patty who is always there to listen to guests.

Waddesdon, United...
Level Contributor
663 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest Review on the Oceanis

Waddesdon, United...
Level Contributor
663 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest Review on the Oceanis

Sorry about typos so mad I did it by phone while in town hence missing the keys and posting three times lol only 24 days untill im back to meet the man him self aka Mr Oceanis

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
893 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest Review on the Oceanis

Mark , can you repeat that ! Lol

Washington, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Latest Review on the Oceanis

I too was incensed by that review and I'm glad that Patty has posted a reply. I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion but that review is totally unjustified.

We have visited six times in the last four years and have booked again for next year and as others have said Antonis is the jewel in the crown of this hotel. All of the staff are exceptional and you couldn't find a nicer bunch of people who always have time for you.

I also think that PJR019 is mistaken re the bottles of wine. We had a bottle of wine each evening which is part of the all inclusive and is the same wine that you receive by the glass it is certainly not paid for. If you would like a bottle rather than have to have your glass refilled you only need to ask.

if you have a gripe you should take it up with the hotel not launch personal attacks on the internet.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Latest Review on the Oceanis

I am not ashamed to say that I put a complaint in to TA regarding this review. Not because they had criticised their holiday, everyone is different, and the people who keep going back have like us, found something magical. It isn't the most luxurious hotel we have ever stayed in....but, it knocks every other hotel into a cocked hat because of the care, attention to detail and the sheer exuberance of the staff.

We again have just returned, already booked for next year, and we were treated like family.

Nothing schmaltzy or fake, just genuine care from all staff.

I am not offended by anyone who doesn't like the hotel, but please, do not get personal or offensive to staff who work their hearts out to make your stay a happy one.

I like Lou Lou, have never seen any guest purchase wine in the yacht restaurant.....it is brought to your table by the glass or bottle. A la carte you have the choice of purchasing from an extensive wine list, but Antonis does not work there!?

Get answers to your questions about Psalidi
Recent Conversations