We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

I actually wonder should I post this trip report with all the gloomy news around Philippines. I hope this serve a little distraction from all those bad news.

A very short trip report about my recent trip. Not well written and do not have lots of pictures.

http://wp.me/pBrCp-1Im

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

I really always enjoy reading your trip reports and this one is no exception. It is good to read about your experience in times like these.

For sure the Philippines will get back on its feet. It will just take longer than usual this time.

Thanks for sharing your travel impressions.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

Thanks Q-Cuppster for the encouraging words.

I appreciate it.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,502 posts
589 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

that was a very nice friend who gave you bananas for your upset stomach. in the philippines, that must be called latundan bananas.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

I haven't read it yet MH. But I am sure you had fun.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

I like the way you write and I think being a little sick adds to the writing style and the trip. Well, not for you, but it makes the read more interesting as I know what you are feeling. Good stuff....I would have stayed at an expensive place for my last night to baby my sore tummy. :-)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

Great report thanks for sharing.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report

thanks for the updates in Moalboal as I am undecided to head over there in December.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,045 posts
1,841 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report

MH another great report. Love your pics.

Sounds like a great friend!!!

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,069 posts
2,067 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report

mousehunt, this is another outstanding trip report. While you were not trying to make light of the enormous suffering in Tacloban, Bantayan Island, Malapascua Island, Coron and so on, your description of your tummy 'having its own typhoon' was very funny and apt.

There were plenty of photos that you included.

Your reports must encourage those who have never been to the land of 7107 islands to give it a go. Many of us who have are now repeat visitors.

That you write from a non-Filipino Asian and not a Westerner's perspective makes it all the better. Singaporean visitor numbers to Philippines have markedly increased - rises of 15 to 20 per cent a month have not been uncommon lately

I hope that prospective travellers understand that Typhoon Haiyan ('Yolanda') has only affected (albeit badly) about six provinces (though the lack of communications means that this could be revised a bit). .

Edited: 13 November 2013, 11:24
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words.

Tommo, yes, it is indeed a good friend. you should try the pig legs. Yummy.

Altec, all I know is Dole and Del Monte banana and we eat it here! You should try the pig legs. Sinful but delicious!