We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mobile home

cork
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mobile home

We hope to travel to Les Charmettes on tuesday 27th July to Tues 10th August. We have never visited this site and would be interested to hear about people on site who rent out mobile homes

4 replies to this topic
lincoln
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mobile home

Les Charmettes nr Palmyre is a nice quality site. Owned and run by Siblu - previously called Haven Abroad. Lots of British holidaymakers stay here because of it's UK connection. Personally i prefer French owned sites as you get a real flavour of france particularly if they have a good mix of customers. It really depends on what you want though - my experience here is that about three quarters of holiday makers will British the remainder being a mix of Dutch, Irish anf French possibly a few Germans. Quite of few of the mobile hoimes are privately owned and rented by the site, they also have a large sales pitch to try to sell mobile homes to customers.

The only better sites in my mind in this area of France would be either Bonne Anse Plage at Palmyre (another Siblu site), or some of the sites on Ile d'Oleron.

Palmyre is a great resort - the tex mex restaurant is worth visiting and the market is on every saturday and has lots of stalls. The beaches on the Ile d'Oleron about 15 minutes away are the best in the area - probably the best in France. Many of the most local beaches have dangerous undercurrents so be careful where children are concerned, quite a few though have lifeguards.

If you like your sunshine this area should suit you. The are from Nantes down to Bordeaux (Vendee and Charente) has its own micro climate and often gets more sunshine than even the Cote d'Azur, good news is that Charmettes has a reasonable amount of tree cover giving some shade.

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Palmyre
Palmyre
328 Reviews
Colmar, France
Ile d'Oleron
Ile d'Oleron
Charente-Maritime, France
Nantes
Nantes
Loire-Atlantique, France
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Vendee
Vendee
Pays de la Loire, France
london
Level Contributor
49 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mobile home

Hi there, we are owners on charmettes but are fully booked this year. Charmettes is not 3/4's British, since it changed from haven to siblu branding it has attracted more french and is definitely more french. However animation is fully bilingual and everybody participates well. The irish are in general on site early season and I have only ever met very few Dutch and German on site. Charmettes is much better than bonne anse plage as it has much larger and spaced out private pitches. The evening entertainment at bonne anse is on a stage outside, at charmettes it is inside a large venue.

hope you find a mobile on site, try direct holiday homes

Norwich Norfolk
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: mobile home

Hi

I am thinging of buying a mobile on the Les Charmettes site I am wondering how to get from La rochella airport hoping I may be able to use the train and Taxi or bus from Royan wondered if you may be able to help with any imfo that be be usefull many thanks linda

Mentioned in this post
Royan
Royan
Charente-Maritime, France
london
Level Contributor
49 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mobile home

Hi there did you manage to find a van to rent?

Reply to: mobile home
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted