We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing a 5m motorhome AND renting a mobile home

Cork, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Bringing a 5m motorhome AND renting a mobile home

Hi folks.

We own a modest 5m motorhome & would love to visit the Les Charmettes campsite. However, we just want to use the motorhome to get us there, park it up & rent a mobile home for a bit more comfort.

Anyone know if they would object to this? Or alternatively are there other campsites around that you could suggest that would facilitate us? Has anyone else done this at the Les Charmettes site or other similiar sites? We can't be the first to want to do this surely?

Any & all suggestions most welcome.

Thanks.

Moonfleet.

5 replies to this topic
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing a 5m motorhome AND renting a mobile home

There are a couple of places to look at for info on the Les Charmettes campsite.

www.ukcampsite.co.uk - gives some details, but no reviews, of the site and indicates MH's are not allowed.

They do mention, with reviews, a site nearby - Bonne Anse Chalets - which may be more promising.

Le Puit De L'Auture campsite, with reviews, is a few miles away and they accept MH's.

When you get on the Ukcampsite home page scroll down to the bottom and click on 'Caravan sites and Camping' then on the map of France, then Poitou-Charantes.

Another good source of info is - www.motorhomefacts.com - but there is an annual fee of £10 to join.

They are the best MH information website you'll find with lively and informative forums.

Cork, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing a 5m motorhome AND renting a mobile home

Ah thanks for the prompt & comprehensive response!

We got sorted this morning with Les Charmettes. My wife rang them & eventually managed to get them to understand that we just wanted to park up the motorhome and not connect it up to any utilities or stay in it. I'm not sure they understood the sense of that but if they had to travel by air with a small child I'm sure they'd learn fairly fast with all the stuff you have to bring!

So we're booked now anyway & looking forward to staying. I'll look up the websites & forum you recommended. Thanks again for the response.

I'll review it when we get back.

Moonfleet.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing a 5m motorhome AND renting a mobile home

Glad you sorted it out.

I presume you've seen the reviews on Tripadvisor - it seems a decent place to stop.

We're off to France later this year in a similar size MH (Autocruise Starlight) - just two of us and the dog and can appreciate the lack of space when your taking a child with you.

Enjoy your holiday.

Biggleswade
Level Contributor
20 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing a 5m motorhome AND renting a mobile home

We are taking our motorhome to this reion summer 2012, any reports onthe campsite please

london
Level Contributor
49 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bringing a 5m motorhome AND renting a mobile home

you would be best off contacting les charmettes directly but I have known them to store a vehicle this big that will not sit on a pitch in their secure storage compund on park. This would prob be an option for you

Reply to: Bringing a 5m motorhome AND renting a mobile home
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted