We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palamos to Dali Museum

Plymouth, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Palamos to Dali Museum

Hi! we will be making a cruise stop at Palamos and would appreciate any advice about visiting the Dali Museum. Will we be able to use public transport to get there? Also, aside from the museum, is there anything else to do from this port? (we do not wish to visit Barcelona) Any help and advice greatly appreciated. Thank you.

barcelona
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palamos to Dali Museum

I don`t know if you have cruised yet as a month has passed since your question but anyway here goes. I live in Palamos and it is a lovely little town.

On your question, it is quite complicated to do the trip to Figueres and you could very easily miss the boat on the way back so I don't advise it unless you take a taxi. If you go to the taxi stance next the Sarfa bus office in Carrer Lopez Puigcerver you can negotiate a price or there may be taxis around the dock area. If you want to check out what I say the bus company is sarfa dot com and you have to take a bus to Girona and then another to Figueres.

Absolutely don't go if you are here on a Monday because the museum is closed.

I recommend you just enjoy the day in Palamos and do some shopping. You can walk from the vessel although they usually put on a wee local bus for you. Market day is Tuesday. If you come on a Friday take the bus to Platja d'Aro about 5 miles where there is a good market.

Palamos is one of the safest towns in the world so don't worry about stepping ashore.

If you like Palamos and want to come back our accommodation is in costabravarent dot com.

Plymouth, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palamos to Dali Museum

Thank you for your advice. We will be travelling in October, so your comments are most helpful. I think we will probably follow your tips and spend the day in Palamos. Thanks again.

barcelona
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palamos to Dali Museum

One other suggestion you may like. There is a town called La Bisbal, which on the map lies between Palamos and Figueres. It is a centre of pottery and lovely ceramic plates and things, not expensive. You take a Sarfa bus but don't get off in the centre of La Bisbal at the Sarfa office. Ask the driver to let you off about half a mile further on. You will actually see the shops with pots and things on the street.

We will be off to the Caribbean cruising with Holland America down to Curacao and Aruba etc. so I can't offer you a cuppa.

UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palamos to Dali Museum

Very helpfull tips I too we be in port in Oct any idea what price the taxi would be to Plaja D'Aro ..

barcelona
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palamos to Dali Museum

As a guess about 15 to 20 Euros but there is a bus about every half hour.

UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palamos to Dali Museum

Many thanks ,will look look for information on the bus.

7. Re: Palamos to Dali Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 06:30
Get answers to your questions about Palamos
More Palamos Topics