We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Towns to visit along the C32 between Barcelona an Palamós

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
43 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Towns to visit along the C32 between Barcelona an Palamós

We will be travelling from Barcelona to Palamós by car on the 3rd of July 2014 with our two kids, aged 12 and 14. Could any-one please advise on one (or two) interesting towns we might consider to stop off at along the way. We will only be able to book in at our apartment in Palamós by 4 pm and since we will have to vacate our accommodation in Barcelona by 10 am that morning, it leaves us with a bit of time to break the hour and a half journey to Palamós. We love towns rich in history and would not be interested in browsing through shops. Also, a town with a beach might be nice (although I honestly have no idea how far off the C32 we would then have to venture- unless off course it runs along the edges of the towns (?). My via Michelin map shows a clear- additional -coastal road). Any ideas would be much appreciated and should this topic already have been discussed, then I apologize. Would you please be so kind as to refer me to the appropriate post please. Many thanks, Corné

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Towns to visit along the C32 between Barcelona an Palamós

Hola,

a lovely little town (an my favorite in this shouthern part of the Costa Brava) is Tossa de Mar. Have a look at google maps: you will do a detour of about 25 kms. but it´s a lovely place to spend a few hours.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
43 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Towns to visit along the C32 between Barcelona an Palamós

Thank you so much for the fast reply. I had a look at Tossa de Mar on T/A and the photo's are absolutely beautiful ! We will definitely have to stop and spend the day there. Much appreciated. Kind regards, Corné

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Towns to visit along the C32 between Barcelona an Palamós

Hola,

If you are going to visit Tossa de Mar, may I recommend going through Blanes and Lloret de Mar, and after the visit continue to Vidreres to join The C-35 and C-31, so you wouldn´t have to backtrack and you will follow two different routes.

Let me know if you need more information about this route.

Jose

4. Re: Towns to visit along the C32 between Barcelona an Palamós

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Palamos