We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving mpx milan==best way to manerba?

Which Manerba del Garda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
arriving mpx milan==best way to manerba?

I'm told best way airport to manerba is train direct from airport to Desenzano,then taxi or shuttle to manerba ....is that right, or can one take another way i.e. shuttle,bus,car-rental.....any advice? Thanks! written tuesday 24 august Terry [Malpensa to Manerba]

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,099 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arriving mpx milan==best way to manerba?

The train from Malpensa airport does not (yet) go to Milan' central station, where trains for Brescia and beyond leave from.

There is a direct bus from MXP to Brescia, but only twice a day: autostradale.it/sito2_grande/…oraribsbg.pdf

Otherwise, take a shuttle bus to Milan (2 companies, frequent service) hence a train to Brescia (www.trenitalia.com), then a bus: trasportibrescia.it/upload/…LN009.pdf

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,715 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arriving mpx milan==best way to manerba?

As far as I know there are no direct trains from the airport other than to Milan.

You could get the MALPENSA EXPRESS from the airport to Milan Cardona and then you would have to change and use the underground to get to Centrale

Alternatively there's a shuttle bus every 20mins to Milano Centrale Train Station

MALPENSA BUS EXPRESS - Terminal 1 Exit 6

MALPENSA SHUTTLE AIR PULLMAN

sea-aeroportimilano.it/en/…

Then as you said train to Desenzano

www.trenitalia.com for trains

Radio taxi Desenzano sometimes have taxis at the station.

Their office is not that far from the station at Piazza Einaudi near the Station Cafe/Bar

tel: 030 9141527

Would say that a taxi would be about 20euros. If later in the evening there is normally a 20% surcharge on the fare

There are some bus services but are infrequent

trasportibrescia.it/upload/…LN006.pdf

There is a more frequent service from Brescia Train station but takes an hour

trasportibrescia.it/upload/…LN009.pdf

Bear in mind on the train Desenzano is the next stop after Brescia and is only 15mins

If you don't want a hire car I would get a train to Desenzano and pay for a taxi

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: arriving mpx milan==best way to manerba?

the bus from malpensa is really easy, just walk out and it's there, they put your bags on for you and when the bus is full (ish) off you go, none of this lugging bags up and down steps on the metro etc. you can buy your tix from the driver 7 euros 50. goes from terminal 1 to terminal 2, picks up there and then straight to central station where you can get your train to lake garda.

make sure you buy the right type of ticket, the fast trains are more expensive. the regional trains are cheaper, perfectly comfortable and i dont thnk the fast trains are worth the extra. train from milan to peschiera where we got off was only about 20 mins difference and half the price

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: arriving mpx milan==best way to manerba?

TO INDEPENDANTTRAVELER thanks so much for the advice...you make the mpx-manerba transit seem so simple.....will try it this Sept 14....here in Florida our local [TRANSIT?} is 90% non existent.......we are hoping to spend a month at Residence BellaVista ....Have heard so much of the Garda area from local friends of Italian ancestry.....thanks again from tresyhair

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: arriving mpx milan==best way to manerba?

you're welcome.

we found out about the ticket prices the hard way! asked for two tix to peschiera, was given two tix, seemed a bit cheap, checked that it was for two, assured it was, handed ticket to ticket man as was getting on the train to be told that it was a regional ticket i wasn't asked which one i wanted at the desk so was unaware there was more than one type) regional train just about to leave so i asked if i could pay the difference, paid the dif and a fine as well!! if i had realised what was going on and i had more time i would have gone and bought two new tickets and saved 2 euros!!

i posted this on the milan forum when we got back and was thoroughly castigated for not having done my "homework" all i wanted was a train ticket...not a research project!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: arriving mpx milan==best way to manerba?

to INDEPENDANTTRAVELER REPLY yOU MEAN THEY have bureaucrats in Italy just like here???????Uggh! I will write down my request milan-desenzano then hand it to the clerk..thanks for the warning.....sure don't want to mess up my vacation in BellaItalia the very first hour!. p.s. What's your home-town? Ours is next to Cape Canaveral Florida..............tresyhair

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: arriving mpx milan==best way to manerba?

nearest big city is liverpool, home of the beatles

8. Re: arriving mpx milan==best way to manerba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 07:49
Get answers to your questions about Manerba del Garda
More Manerba del Garda Topics