We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argegno- Taxi from Como

Auckland
10 posts
Save Topic
Argegno- Taxi from Como

Anyone have knowledge / experience about taxis from Como to Argegno ? I fly into Milan Malpensa to head to pre-booked accommodation in Argegno. Flight arrival time means I can get to Como by train, but unlikley to make the last bus to Argegno. Is a Como-Argegno taxi likely to be easy, and affordable ? Other consdieration is that friends are flying into Malpensa the next day and I'm considering whether I just overnight at a cheap hotel and meet up with them.

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
535 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argegno- Taxi from Como

Depending on what time you actually arrive in Como, you shouldn't have too much trouble grabbing a taxi outside the train station. What they'll charge, I couldn't tell you off-hand. My experience is that some of the Como town taxis are less than enthusiastic about driving up the lake and that may be expressed in their pricing.

You may get a better deal from a pre-arranged trip through www.lakecomotaxi.com or www.comolimo.com. My advice would be to check directly with those two, see what quotes you get, and compare that to whatever you'd spend at an airport hotel (although if you're already paying for that night out in Argegno, it seems like a waste unless you can change the dates).

Auckland
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Argegno- Taxi from Como

I've established that a taxi would be 45-50 euros, so an overnighter near the airport is looking like a reasonable option , and I'll meet incoming friends the next day. (Argegno is a shared booking for a few weeks as a base so skipping one night isn't a huge deal.) Thanks for your comments

3. Re: Argegno- Taxi from Como

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2011, 05:17