We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba diving

UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
scuba diving

Hello readers, I,m going to Siquijor from the UK , in March 2012......I'm a PADI advanced open water diver......does anybody know if there are dive centres in Siquijor that visit Apo Reef?.....or do I have to use Dumaguette...?......I've got relations of the wife in Larena, so accomodation would be free, but if I have to use Dumaguette, it'll cost me, 'cos I'll have to take the family!....I'm sure I read somewhere that you CAN go to Apo from Siquijor.......Any thoughts?

PS Mike's Dive Resort in Dauin has a good review.... anybody been there?

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: scuba diving

dumagueteinfo.com/board/diving-dive-sites/be…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: scuba diving

You might also want to check the following web sites for more idea:

http://www.starfish.ch/dive/Siquijor.html

dive-centers.net/dive_center_10251-aberratio…

dive-centers.net/dive_center_11253-last_fron…

dive-centers.net/dive_center_7377-kiwi_dive_…

dive-centers.net/dive_center_1828-sea_explor…

Butte
Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scuba diving

There are two dive operators on the main road near coral cay resort and charisma resort, . I unfortunately cant remember the name of either. They both do 2 tank dives to Apo for 5000 php. You can also dive with Kiwi dive resort on the north coast of siquijor. And villa marmarine has a dive operator, but dont beleive they go to Apo. The easiest and least expensive way to dive Apo island, is to use Harolds Mansion tourist inn, in Dumaguete, they drive you from the Hotel, to Dauin and give you three dives including lunch and park fee for 3300php, by far the best value for diving at Apo, they have a great boat and freindly dive masters and instructors

4. Re: scuba diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 13:05
UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scuba diving

Hi Folks

a lamented thank you, to all who replied to this post....nice one..I've been trying to contact Last Frontier Divers in San Juan Siquijor, who apparently dive Apo Island, but have not had a reply as yet..... does anybody know anything about them? If I went to see them when I get to Siquijor, do they dive Apo Island only if they've got a minimum amount of people? I'm with my wife and kid son, but diving on my own...I 'll be around for about a week...... Any tips or comments regarding this matter will be much appreciated......thanks again.

regards Rob Aikman

Is there any other company's who dive Apo, from Siquijor, apart from Last Frontier?......how much is a days diving, with equipment hire?

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: scuba diving

how did u try to contact them ? have u tried facebook? https:/…

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: scuba diving

Mike Feeney has a dive shop in Dauin and also a shop in Dumaguete - Adventure Dive Shop. We went with them to Apo and found them very professional and friendly. Look them up at adventurediveshop.com.

8. Re: scuba diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2013, 09:23
Get answers to your questions about Siquijor Island