We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort for infants and the elderly

USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best resort for infants and the elderly

Hello,

My family and I are planning a 2 night trip to Siquijor in December and I was hoping to get help in choosing the best resort on the island. I was looking forward to staying at Coco Grove but unfortunately, they are fully booked. Can you recommend another nice resort that's similar, if not better, than Coco Grove?

Looking for a beachfront resort with a nice clean beach that's good for swimming. Pool, AC, and hot shower are a must. Price is not an issue. There are senior citizens and infants in our group so their safety and comfort are important. I read good reviews for Villa Marmarine but it doesn't have a pool and AC rooms. Salamangka Resort looks nice and is brand new but I believe the beach is not good for swimming.

Since we're closing in to December I understand it will be difficult to find available rooms in the better resorts. I would really like to visit Siquijor, however, if it's not possible can anyone recommend another island that's easily accessible from Dumaguete?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort for infants and the elderly

Check Coral Cay.

http://coralcayresort.com/

Before you decide on Coral Cay though, you need to know that the resort is set on sand, so if you need to push a stroller or a wheel chair around, you will; have difficulty. It has a nice white sand beach, aircon beach side rooms and swimming pool.

The reason I know about the difficulty in the sand at Coral Cay is because I went there with a person in a wheel chair. We ended up at Don Deezco where he found it to be wheel chair friendly.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g664445-d115…

It has several swimming pools, aircon rooms and a lot of white sand. We were both happy there.

USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort for infants and the elderly

Big Jim, I will look into Coral Cay again. We will not be using a stroller or wheel chair so the sand is not a problem. Thanks for the advice!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,503 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resort for infants and the elderly

I had the chance to stay at Coral Cay a few years ago and I will recommend it to you. I hope you can review the resort here in TA for others to benefit with recommendations or warnings.

4. Re: Best resort for infants and the elderly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Siquijor Island