We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

palenque ruins in one day

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
palenque ruins in one day

I arrive in the town of Palenque at 6am, is it possible to see the ruins and catch the 5hrs bus to San Cristobal de las Casas before dark? would really appreciate some tips.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: palenque ruins in one day

I thought there was an afternoon bus around 2:30, but as I look at the ADO site, I see buses at 5:00, 6:00, 7:00, 9:10 a.m., and then nothing until 9:35 pm. I don't know if there are any other options.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: palenque ruins in one day

I think a few hours, half a day, is a good amount of time to explore the ruins. You can stretch it out by taking the lower trail out from the ruins down to the museum, then catching the colectivo to the bus station from there.

If you have time for a sit-down meal, try Don Mucho at El Panchan; the turnoff is right at the park entrance. Just ask to get off at El Panchan, then walk five minutes.

San Cristobal de...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: palenque ruins in one day

Thats a lot to do in one days. You will miss so much. You will miss Yaxchillan, Bonampak. Agua Azul and so much more. You need a minimum of three days.

4. Re: palenque ruins in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 05:17