We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marietta studios

carlisle
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
marietta studios

we are traveling to marietta studios skala in may 2009, can anyone comment on these, finding reviews is hard thanx

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marietta studios

Hi there

Try Googling the accommodation's name as I did. The fourth listing is a link holidaywatchdog.com/5275-Skala-Marietta_Stud…

where there are at least 25 reviews. You'll find more reviews on the same Google page

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marietta studios

Hi Mich,

I've stayed in them twice and found they are fine. Basic but in a nice, fairly quiet position. About 10 minutes from the centre and 15 from the beach.

They now have air con which is even better and a good size pool. I would definitely stay there again.

One tip, if you're thinking about whether to book on net or through an agent. If you go into your local Cook's or Going Places and ask them to match or beat the net price. 99% of the time they will, the reason I say to do this is because the Thomas Cook internet is notoriously prone to crashing just as you've put your card details in, you then can hold on for ages on an 0870 telephone number. In fact, all of their numbers are 0870 and often have long waits for all departments. Might as well let the travel agent pay the bills.

As you can probably guess I work in an agents, and funnily enough the other day I quoted that holiday and we were £80 cheaper than the net.

If you want to know anything else about the Marietta or Skala, just ask.

England
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marietta studios

Hi, I am also looking at the Marietta Studios for May 09, the reviews I have seen all look good so far and teletextholidays.co.uk currently have some good prices for self catering or B&B.

Has anyone visited Skala/Kefalonia in May before? I am having a look at the average temps and they are saying it is only an average of 18oc but I don't think this can be right?? Can anyone put my mind at rest??

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: marietta studios

Hi,

If you can get there more towards the end of May then the weather will probably be more reliable. I've been a couple of times in May. I've been in the first week of May to Skala (actually on the first UK flight onto the island that year). The average temperature the week we went was between 70 and 75f, so sunbathing weather. It was cooler in the evenings though, so you'd need a jacket. We were lucky to get such good weather though, May can be a bit more changeable with more chance of rain and cooler sea temperatures, but on average you'd probably be looking similar temperatures to what we had, providing you get the good weather. Towards the end of May usually the weather gets more settled.

Hope that helps and if you want to know ahything else just ask.

England
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marietta studios

Thank you, we are leaving towards the end of May (19th) so hopefully it will be warm. We booked the Marietta Studios b&b last night so I'm excited now!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: marietta studios

Hi Claire,

I hope you like it, sure you will. I've pasted below a load of taverna reviews which you might like to see, unless you've already found them of course.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g664630-Skala_…

carlisle
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: marietta studios

thanks, i booked through mytravel paid 462.00 may 10th, i thought was quite good for 2. it seemed bout 100.00 less than anywhere else, looking forward to my ist visit to skala x

carlisle
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: marietta studios

thanks, i wil check the reviews out in there. looking forward now x

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
789 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: marietta studios

Hi,

Been to skala twice the second time for our honeymoon. We love it. Please try Sally's bar for fantastic cocktails and good price. The Siroco restaurant is really good too. We went in July both times and found it's the hottest place i've ever been. You can hire a motor boat for around 90 euros for the day which was really fantastic we saw dolphins and turtles as well as visiting coves only accessible by boat. I'm sure you'll love it.

kind regards

Michaela

Leicestershire
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: marietta studios

Hello

We have been to Skala about 6 times now and plan to go again this summer - we're thinking about staying at the Marietta this time around. We've been to most Greek islands and Kef is deinitely our favourite and we love Skala itself. Altho it is developing more and more over time, it still retains that typically greek feel and i love seeing the greek families and children out in the square. The Discover Kefalonia day trip is worth a go as you see a lot of the island and it actually has a really interesting history. We did that on our 1st holiday in Kef and we now hire a car straight from the airport whenever we go so that we can re-visit different areas. If you are staying in Skala, Mounda Beach is worth a visit - this beach converted us to being beach lovers! its more of a sandy beach than the shingle beaches in Skala and is approx 10 mins from Skala in a car - but worth the visit! Have a great time!!

x

Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations