We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skala - San Giorgio or Crystal Palace?

Which Skala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
1 post
Save Topic
Skala - San Giorgio or Crystal Palace?

Hi

I am booking a week in Kefalonia in September and am really stuck between these two hotels. I think Crystal Palace is closer to town, but San Giorgio looks a little nicer! We don’t mind getting taxis back at night, but I understand it can be hard getting taxis to late on is this right? Also will the weather still be good? I want to be able to sunbathe and relax and am a little scared it might be rainy we are going 22-29th Sept! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skala - San Giorgio or Crystal Palace?

Yes, Crystal Palace is nearer to Skala but both properties as I understand it have a good reputation.

There is a taxi rank at Skala and I'm 99% sure there's more than one taxi but I did sometimes see a small queue waiting in the evenings.

Weatherwise, it should still be warm enough to sunbathe, but take a jacket for the evenings and an umbrella just in case and maybe a pair of jeans/trousers just to be on the safe side.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skala - San Giorgio or Crystal Palace?

Hi Laura,

I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Crystal Palace and can definitely recommend it.

I normally stay in 4/5* hotels and had never even done self catering until last week,but I wasn't disappointed!

The apartments are really clean and spacious and the owners and staff are very friendly and helpful.It was about a 5 minute walk to the beach via a little track,and then a further 10 minute walk along the beach to the main centre.There are plenty of good restaurants to choose from aswell.I would go back tomorrow given the chance!

The weather should be fine in September,although my friend went the same time last year and had a few rainy days.

Hope you find this helpful.

Vicky

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Skala - San Giorgio or Crystal Palace?

Hello,

Stayed at the Crystal Palace in June and can heartily recommend it. Great accomodation that deserves more than it 3*s from First Choice. I did submit a fairly epic review on my return if you want to have a look but I really couldn't fault it! Fabulous!

Have a great time wherever you choose!

kent
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skala - San Giorgio or Crystal Palace?

Hi Laura

We stayed at the Crystal Palace in 2007 and we love it so much we are returning in three weeks. The standard of accommodation is one of the best we`ve come across in Greece and the owners are lovely people. Can``t comment on your other choice but would definatley recommend the Crystal Palace.

5. Re: Skala - San Giorgio or Crystal Palace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations