We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby Friendly?

Which Skala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Baby Friendly?

Hi,

We are going to Skala on Sunday - but just wondering how baby friendly it is? Our first holiday travelling with our daughter who is 1. Having not travelled with a baby before just wondering if it is baby friendly - and how easy is it to get all the paraphanalia you need for a little one? Not sure if I should take everything I need for the whole week or if I can get it there!

Thanks

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby Friendly?

Hi there

Greece is exceptionally baby friendly and most shops will stock a range of baby food/disposable nappies/ bathroom stuff/high factor suncream and other stuff although probably not the brands you are familiar with. Regarding restaurants, your child will be made as welcome as you are and will be fussed over as if she were one of the family. No worries!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby Friendly?

Hello Beck and welcome to the Greek forums!

Greeks love kids and babies! In fact, be prepared for people (mostly women) talking to her, pinching her cheek, asking you her name and age and other kids wanting to include her in their games or give her their toys.

It will be very easy to find whatever you will need but if you use a certain brand of powedered milk or sun cream it's better to take it with you from the UK.

As GB says, nappies, wipes and toys will be very easy to find in super and mini markets (although they will be more expensive than you are used to).

What you won't probably find are nappy sacks.

Make sure to pack any kind of medication that she will/might need.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby Friendly?

Bear in mind that there is no longer a pharmacy in Skala (unless it's re-opened very recently), so make sure you have enough milk with you if she's still having follow-on milk. Sorry, I can't remember with my little one's when they stopped having milk. Nearest pharmacy is approx 10 kms away in Poros.

We've taken two little ones from 6 months upwards to Skala and never had any problems at all. The tavernas are very child friendly and the vast majority have things like high chairs and also kids menus (if that's what you want).

You'll be fine.:-)

Reading, UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby Friendly?

Thanks guys, thats really useful

Can relax and just look forward to it now!

5. Re: Baby Friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations