We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire in Skala

South Wales
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Hire in Skala

Going to Skala in July, can anyone tell me the best car hire company and whether we should book before we go or when we get there.

Also any good places to eat?

Thank you

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire in Skala

Hi we are going again June/July our 7th visit.

We always hire a car from Greekstones. We usually book online via their website but pay on collection.

Good places to eat are Aquarious and Galera but many of the tavernas and restaurants get good reviews. A lot down to personal choice but those 2 are our favourites.

Enjoy. I am sure you will. There are many repeat visitors. It is a great island.

reviewcentre.com/…tabs-menu

John

Edited: 21 March 2011, 19:42
Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire in Skala

I will second Greekstone we hired a car from them and they were very helpful giving you information on where to go to visit. We just hired it when we were there. Enjoy

Lyn

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
736 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire in Skala

A third for Greekstones. Never had a problem with them.

Another two very good traditional Greek tavernas are paspalis and apostolis. If you like meat Manolis serves belt busting portions and good local wine served in tin Jugs.

There are some maps on this webpage so you can get an idea where the places are.

goinggreek.info/forum/index.php…

Edited: 21 March 2011, 20:34
Selby, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire in Skala

Hi

We would recommend Greekstones as well. They give you loads of good info about where to go. As you are intending to go in July (high season) it might be a good idea to book in advance. I don't think you'll have to pay until you get there. That way you will be certain of getting what you want.

We stayed at Paspalis and thought the taverna was excellent.

Cheers, Enjoy your holidays, Jean

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
77 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire in Skala

Hi cant tell you about car hire sorry, we are hiring this year on our 10th visit, yes thats a bit lazy.

As for eating out Aquarius run by Gabrielle, and Yannis is excellent, Flamingo is also very good

Have fun,

Ian n Kim

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
927 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire in Skala

Greekstones for us too!

We're hiring our car for a week in May and so far their service has been first class. The owner even telephoned us here in the UK to personally confirm our booking AND we got our car at 2010 prices!

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire in Skala

Selebian said about Greekstones

"They give you loads of good info about where to go. "

Forget your rep's welcome meeting. The Greekstones 'welcome meeting' is the best ever! : - )

(And before you ask Gmas2010 no I DON"T own Greekstones. )

Devon
Level Contributor
303 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire in Skala

Ive had this discussion previously and we go with Pefanis and they will cost about 5 euros more than Greekstones for cost but Pefanis have fully comp. I know someone previous said Greekstones were fully comp too but i just got a quote from Greekstones which say otherwise. still confused.

Regarding your car hire in late June, I'd like to inform you that a Chevrolet Matiz a/c (car group A1) can be delivered to you (exact date to be confirmed) for either a 3, 4 or 5 -day rental at your accommodation (place and name to be confirmed) and can be collected from you at the same place for the total price of 97 Euro for the 3-day rental, 127 Euro for a 4-day rental and 155 Euro for a 5-day rental. All these prices include more than 15% special discount on our official low season price list of 2010! Above prices also include:

1. VAT 23% (Local taxes)

2. Unlimited mileage

3. Free additional driver(minimum drivers age 23y/o)

4. Third party insurance (covers both personal and material damages to third parties)

5. Personal accident insurance(PAI)

6. Road assistance /24 hours a day on Kefalonia island

7. Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) covers damages to rented car from 450 Euro to the total price of the car.(Excess=450 Euro)

8. Full Damage Waiver(FDW)-No excess.It covers the excess of 450 Euro and also covers the mirrors, windscreens and the scratches to the rented car).

9. Fire protection of rented car (No excess)

10. Theft protection of rented car(No excess)

11. Free Delivery / collection

12. Road map of Kefalonia

For confirming your booking or for any other information please email me back with preferable choice. Also please advise the exact dates you would be interested in as well as accommodation's name and location.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
927 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire in Skala

Hi Paul

To me that reads an equivilent of fully comp, as you have points numbered 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 & 10 with an excess of 450 euro for CDW, which basically is the same as fully comp over here. They simply have not stated "fully comprehensive" but the cover is still the same.

Most policies over here for fully comp have an excess.

Devon
Level Contributor
303 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Hire in Skala

Who knows Roger but to me point 4. says third party insurance says it all, which to me is third party? I don't know, I could be wrong. There all in the same price bracket anyhow. Only 3 months before were back again yee haa

Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations