We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skala for babies

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
188 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Skala for babies

Im due to stay at the 9 muses for two weeks from 19th May with my husback and 10 month old. Does anyone know if i can buy nappies/wipes/baby food/formula milk in the supermarket? We use huggies or pampers nappies and cow and gate formula but i dont mind the make if it means we can buy it over there.

Thanks

Looking forward to our visit!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
509 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skala for babies

Another way of buying your baby stuff is to get it from Boots once you've gone through passport control (depending of course on your flight time, I think Boots opens at 04.00). You can pre-order your baby milk and pick it up once you've checked in, then it doesn't take up any of your luggage allowance ;-)

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
349 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skala for babies

Hi

All these items will all be available in the supermarkets in Skala but I would imagine they will be very expensive. You may get them cheaper at one of the larger supermarkets nearer Argostoli but obviously that option is dependant upon whether you are planning on hiring a car or not.

Rewsmissus' suggestions of getting them when you've gone through passport control may be the best, or certainly the cheapest, option.

Enjoy your hols - Nine Muses is lovely and in a suberb spot :)

Tracey

VG3
Sussex
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Skala for babies

We took our 7 month old to Fiscardo about 18 months ago. Due to luggage restrictions we didn't take enough nappies etc for our stay. I seem to remember we paid nearly 15 euros for a small bag of Pampers. Greek nappies didn't seem much cheaper so we went with Pampers. We went down to Argostoli to buy them as we thought it would be cheaper than Fiscardo but it wasn't that much cheaper.

Greek babyfood isn't that great and our son wasn't too keen. The only food we could get were jars of Nestle. The only flavours were chicken and veg, lamb and veg, veal and veg, veg and all looked and smelt the same. Someone said to us that the locals tend to mash up what they are eating. I pretty much always cooked for him at home but it's just not practical on holiday. I think he just ate biscuits and yoghurt the whole time we were there. There's quite a good biscuit flavoured yoghurt you can get that he loved. I really would recommend trying to take as much with you as you can. The pouches are quite light and handy when you're out and about. We took enough Aptamil with us as I'd heard that formula was over 20 euros a box. When we took him away last year we crammed stuff in everywhere. We crammed wipes into the bottom of his buggy and the pocket and put his buggy in a buggy bag to reduce the weight in our luggage.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your holiday. We've been a couple of times and loved it.

Victoria

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
188 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skala for babies

Thanks everyone thats really helpful

5. Re: Skala for babies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations